Subject: Re: bug#20389: A way to communicate announcements to developers
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 21:37:19 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
> Cc: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>,  [email-masked]
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 19:22:33 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Doesn't enabling the topic filter mean that every subscriber must
> > update their subscription, to choose the topics to which they want to
> > subscribe?
> 
> "If you do not select any topics of interest, you will get all the
> messages sent to the mailing list."

Thanks.

I did what Glenn suggested for the mailing list changes.  One concern:
my reading of the "Topics" page is that the topic matcher scans the
_body_ of the message, so the suggestion to use "Keywords:
emacs-announce" in the _headers_ of the mail will probably not work.
Or maybe I misunderstood what Glenn meant by that.

I did nothing about item 4 in Glenn's message.