Subject: 24.4; Emacs daemon exited when separate X connection closed.
From: Oleksandr Gavenko <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 05 Apr 2015 16:50:51 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I run Emacs on development host under X Window as:

  $ emacs24

with ~/.emacs:

  (require 'server)
  (server-start)

In another expriment I start emacs as:

  emacs --daemon
  emacsclient -c &

Next when I connect to Emacs as:

  $ ssh -Y user@localhost
  ssh$ emacsclient -c
  C-x C-c
  ssh$ exit

or as:

  $ startx xterm -- `command -v Xnest` :1 -geometry 800x600
  xnest$ emacsclient -c
  C-x C-c
  xnest$ exit

Emacs daemon exited on exit command.

I like ability to join to my Emacs session from remote host for getting
working context immediately. But when I come to original host or try to
re-establish X connection - I have to start new Emacs.

How to make Emacs live when I close remote X connection?

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.3)
 of 2014-10-25 on trouble, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11601000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.4/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

-- 
Best regards!