Subject: Building emacs and libjpeg not found on Fedora 22
From: Petr Hracek <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2015 10:47:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I am trying to build emacs with following parameters in configuration 
script.
./configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu 
--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= 
--disable-dependency-tracking --prefix=/usr --exec-prefix=/usr 
--bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc 
--datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64 
--libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/var/lib 
--mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-dbus --with-gif 
--with-jpeg --with-png --with-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xft --with-xpm 
--with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-gpm=no

It fails with:
configure: error: The following required libraries were not found:
      libjpeg
Maybe some development libraries/packages are missing?
If you don't want to link with them give
      --with-jpeg=no
as options to configure

I have installed following libjpeg versions:
libjpeg-turbo-1.4.0-1.fc22
libjpeg-turbo-devel-1.4.0-1.fc22.
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=605282)

The first package delivers SO libraries like so.62.0
second one delivers headers and libjpeg.so library

Do you have any idea where could be a problem?

Greetings
Petr

-- 
Petr Hracek
Software Engineer
Developer Experience
Red Hat, Inc
Mob: +420777056169
email: [email-masked]