Subject: Re: bug#20015: 25.0.50; Slow Emacs startup after recent TRAMP changes
From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
To: Andreas Schwab <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 21:08:47 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> % time getent ahosts host.does.not.exist getent ahosts
>>> host.does.not.exist 0,00s user 0,00s system 0% cpu 30,013 total
>>
>> Which means your system is misconfigured.
>
> Keen to share at what I should have a look?  It seems I have that
> issue only at home, and there /etc/resolv.conf names my
> Telekom/Speedport LTE router as nameserver.  That thing's a pain in
> the ass for several reasons, so this might be (1+ reasons).

Yeah, of course it's the crappy speedport again.  When I use the google
nameserver 8.8.8.8 instead, then getent and ssh return almost
immediately.

Sorry for the noise.

Bye,
Tassilo

PS: Gonna write a letter.  "Dear Telekom, today your crappy products
again wasted time of at least four free software developers.  The world
could be a so much better place if you gave at least half-way working
hardware to your dearly paying customers..."