Subject: Tangentally related to eww-mode Invalid Date bug just filed
From: Matthew Carter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 00:15:55 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Excuse the new thread (just signed up to bug-gnu-emacs list, whereas I
filed the original bug via the report function).

I've pinpointed the eww-mode bug to an issue with #'date-to-time in
time-date.el.

It appears to be a manifestation of the Year 2038 problem and caused by
the fact that the cookie being sent has an expiration date beyond year
2038.

As it turns out, I am unable to reproduce the issue on a 64-bit machine
(it only happens on my 32-bit ones).

Would it be better to rework #'date-to-time to handle future dates in a
more graceful manner on 32-bit machines, or to have eww-mode ignore
triggers that cause it to parse dates it cannot handle?

-- 
Matthew Carter ([email-masked])
http://ahungry.com