Subject: 24.4; option --no-bitmap-icon not working
From: Preston Crow <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:48:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The command-line option "--no-bitmap-icon" used to turn off the bitmap
icon, but after upgrading to the latest version, this option appears to
be ignored.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.14.6)
  of 2015-01-24 on duck
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11603000
System Description:    Gentoo Base System release 2.2

Configured using:
  `configure --prefix=/usr --build=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
  --host=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu --mandir=/usr/share/man
  --infodir=/usr/share/info --datadir=/usr/share --sysconfdir=/etc
  --localstatedir=/var/lib --disable-dependency-tracking
  --disable-silent-rules --libdir=/usr/lib64 --program-suffix=-emacs-24
  --infodir=/usr/share/info/emacs-24 --localstatedir=/var
  --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
  --with-gameuser=games --without-compress-install
  --with-file-notification=inotify --disable-acl --without-dbus
  --without-gnutls --without-gpm --without-hesiod --without-kerberos
  --without-kerberos5 --without-xml2 --without-selinux --without-wide-int
  --with-zlib --with-sound=alsa --with-x --without-ns --without-gconf
  --without-gsettings --without-toolkit-scroll-bars --with-gif
  --with-jpeg --with-png --without-rsvg --with-tiff --with-xpm
  --without-imagemagick --with-xft --without-libotf --without-m17n-flt
  --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 GENTOO_PACKAGE=app-editors/emacs-24.4-r2
  build_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu host_alias=x86_64-pc-linux-gnu
  'CFLAGS=-pipe -march=native -fno-stack-protector -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-O1
  -Wl,--as-needed' CPPFLAGS='

Important settings:
   locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   shell-dirtrack-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   electric-indent-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   blink-cursor-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib hideshow easymenu paren tramp tramp-compat
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring format-spec advice help-fns imenu
site-gentoo time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt
fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process inotify
dynamic-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x
multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 91150 4085)
  (symbols 48 20329 0)
  (miscs 40 45 82)
  (strings 32 17795 5331)
  (string-bytes 1 534477)
  (vectors 16 12497)
  (vector-slots 8 416763 3081)
  (floats 8 74 91)
  (intervals 56 312 225)
  (buffers 960 11)
  (heap 1024 41080 921))