Subject: Re: bug#19103: 25.0.50; [eww] Can't enter login name and password
From: Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 09:03:34 +0900
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 18:58:15 +0100, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Katsumi Yamaoka <[email-masked]> writes:

>> When trying to login to Google[1] for instance, using eww, I
>> cannot enter login name and password.  Text is entered but it's
>> entered in front of the input area.  Moreover password is not
>> concealed by asterisks.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> [1] https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin

> I can't really test the login, but the password does seem to be covered
> by asterisks now, so perhaps this has been fixed by some related changes.

The bug I brought up
--- can't enter login name and password in the input areas ---
was fixed.  This helps my purpose, so I'm closing this bug.

What is my purpose is to update the cookies for a site.  After
that I can retrieve some data from the site (that requires login)
by using the functions `url-retrieve', etc.  To verify that the
cookie is updated, eval (url-cookie-write-file) and see the file
~/.emacs.d/url/cookies .

But this closing doesn't mean that eww is enabled to be used for
logging in to a web site.  Eww should visit `my page' after the
login session, like Firefox and so on does.

Thanks.