Subject: 25.0.50; `vc-print-log' puts wrong buffer into `log-view-mode'
From: Richard Copley <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2014 01:17:00 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Visit a file under Subversion or RCS (not Git or Bazaar) and invoke
`vc-print-log'. The log buffer should be put into log-view-mode, but it
isn't. The buffer visiting the file is put into log-view-mode instead.

In GNU Emacs 25.0.50.1 (x86_64-w64-mingw32)
 of 2014-11-18 on MACHINE
Repository revision: 4a306d701b0dbe860c8ced70e0d93bd3129f0665
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.3.9600
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix /c/emacs/emacs-20141217-222347
 --disable-dependency-tracking
 --enable-locallisppath=%emacs_dir%/../site-lisp --with-wide-int
 --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 'CPPFLAGS=-I G:/usr/include -I
 C:/GnuWin32/include 'LDFLAGS=-L G:/usr/lib -L C:/GnuWin32/lib''

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG SOUND NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ENG
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message dired format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils add-log log-view easymenu
easy-mmode pcvs-util cl-extra vc cl-loaddefs cl-lib vc-dispatcher vc-svn
make-mode time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp disp-table w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp
files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 86122 7047)
 (symbols 56 18892 1)
 (miscs 48 52 94)
 (strings 32 15819 4424)
 (string-bytes 1 430435)
 (vectors 16 10614)
 (vector-slots 8 389547 5184)
 (floats 8 66 152)
 (intervals 56 327 1)
 (buffers 976 13))