Subject: 24.4.50; flyspell-prog-mode and lisp interaction
From: Tom Tromey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 14:59:23 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I ran emacs -Q.
Then in *scratch*, M-x flyspell-prog-mode
Then typed `(igno<M-TAB>'

I expected this to complete to `(ignore', because point it not in a
comment or string.
However, flyspell instead changes this to `(Gino'.

In GNU Emacs 24.4.50.9 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.9)
 of 2014-09-21 on bapiya
Repository revision: 117912 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/home/tromey/Emacs/install'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GCONF GSETTINGS
NOTIFY LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  erc-services-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: do-auto-fill

Recent input:
n SPC q n C-l M-g M-g M-g M-g C-u C-p C-u C-n C-u C-n 
C-p SPC 2 <return> SPC n q C-u C-n n n SPC SPC q M-g 
p SPC SPC <return> <return> <return> <return> <return> 
<return> <return> <return> <return> <return> M S-SPC 
= C-a C-s SPC . SPC C-a SPC C-u <return> q s y C-l 
q y C-c b C-c b C-z n C-x b E M <tab> <return> M-< 
C-o C-o b u g ! <return> SPC SPC s o m e SPC s t a 
r t u p SPC b u g s SPC s t i l l ? <return> b u g 
SPC w i t h SPC e l i s p - v - s SPC <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> s - f l y s p e l l C-x C-s SPC C-z n C-x 
b p r o j <tab> <return> C-p C-a <return> C-/ <tab> 
C-n C-n C-n C-n <tab> <tab> C-z n <return> c o m p 
i l e SPC - v s - SPC l o n g SPC l i n e s C-x C-s 
<switch-frame> C-c C-g M-x w e b j <tab> <return> e 
m <tab> C-g C-h f f l y s p e l l - p r o g <tab> <return> 
C-x o C-n C-u C-f C-f <return> C-x 1 C-u C-n C-p C-l 
M-f M-f M-b C-s C-w C-w C-w C-w C-w C-s C-s C-s C-r 
C-r C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-r C-r C-s C-s C-s C-l C-a C-u C-n C-p C-s f l C-s 
C-r C-r C-w C-w C-w C-w C-r C-n M-< C-v C-s C-a M-x 
r e p o r t - e m <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Delete excess backup versions of /home/tromey/EMACS? (y or n) y
Wrote /home/tromey/EMACS
Undo!
Saving file /home/tromey/EMACS...
Wrote /home/tromey/EMACS
C-c C-g is undefined
Quit
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.
uncompressing flyspell.el.gz...done
Mark saved where search started [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/css-mode-1.0/css-mode hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/textmodes/css-mode
/home/tromey/.emacs.d/elpa/bubbles-0.5/bubbles hides /home/tromey/Emacs/install/share/emacs/24.4.50/lisp/play/bubbles

Features:
(shadow emacsbug eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe webjump
misearch multi-isearch mailalias bbdb-sc supercite regi mail-hist nnir
shr-color color shr flow-fill mm-archive gnus-html browse-url xml
url-cache mm-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods
url-history url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars bbdb-gui
bbdb-hooks mule-util sort smiley gnus-cite gnus-bcklg help-mode qp
gnus-async gnus-ml disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnfolder utf-7
bbdb-gnus bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com warnings cl gv gnutls
network-stream starttls gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg nntp gnus-cache gnus-registry registry eieio-base
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
gnus-sum gnus-group gnus-undo smtpmail sendmail gnus-start gnus-cloud
nnimap nnmail mail-source tls utf7 netrc nnoo parse-time gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader smerge-mode
diff-mode autoconf autoconf-mode tcl goto-addr add-log make-mode js
bug-reference vc-arch vc-mtn sgml-mode vc-hg python json org-element
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview doc-view
jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org org-macro
org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline
outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref
ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat
org-macs org-loaddefs vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs dired vc-git vc-bzr
cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds flyspell ispell eldoc
diminish projectile edmacro kmacro pkg-info find-func lisp-mnt epl grep
compile dash s appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs which-func imenu minimap autorevert filenotify desktop
frameset cus-start cus-load status erc-services erc-list erc-menu
erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit cl-loaddefs cl-lib erc-fill erc-stamp
erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec
auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv eieio-core
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache thingatpt pp advice help-fns
vc-dir ewoc vc vc-dispatcher cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars
cc-defs bbdb timezone ange-ftp comint ansi-color ring server savehist
dwarf-mode-autoloads gdb-shell-autoloads jabber-autoloads
lisppaste-autoloads pydoc-info-autoloads info-look info easymenu
weblogger-autoloads package bbdb-autoloads time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 824342 93810)
 (symbols 48 103803 1)
 (miscs 40 41455 1409)
 (strings 32 319152 53034)
 (string-bytes 1 6841097)
 (vectors 16 95060)
 (vector-slots 8 2134901 69630)
 (floats 8 543 1030)
 (intervals 56 22343 535)
 (buffers 976 248)
 (heap 1024 95642 21310))

Tom