Subject: 24.3.93; frame-resize-pixelwise non-functional on OSX
From: David Reitter <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2014 11:49:53 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

(setq frame-resize-pixelwise t)

According to the NEWS file, this should allow for pixelwise resizing of
any frame.  After setting the above variable, I tried resizing a frame
with the mouse, but it still resizes in full char increments, both while
actually holding the mouse button and moving the mouse, and consequently
after releasing the button.

I tried this is newly created frames as well, with the same result

In GNU Emacs 24.3.93.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin13.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1265.21)
of 2014-08-15 on builder10-9.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1265
Configured using:
`configure --with-ns'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  which-function-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
s SPC d o SPC o t h e r SPC F SPC k e y s SPC ( F 4 
) <left> <left> <left> t r i e d SPC f <kp-delete> 
<up> <up> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <right> <right> <right> <right> <backspace> 
f <down> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <backspace> f <down> <kp-delete> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> a v i d . r e i 
t t e r @ g m a i l . c o m <down> <down> <down> <down> 
C-c C-c y e s <return> m a i l SPC c l i e n t <return> 
<backspace> f r a m e - r e s i z e - p i x e l w i 
s e C-h v <return> <return> <return> ( s e t q SPC 
s-y C-y s-v <return> ( s e t q SPC f r a m e - r e 
s i z e - p i x e l w e i s e SPC t ) C-x C-e C-x 5 
2 <help-echo> <left> <left> <left> C-x C-3 C-e C-x 
s-v s-v <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <left> <left> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> i s e SPC t ) <kp-delete> C-x 
C-e C-x 5 2 <help-echo> <left> <left> <left> <left> 
<left> <left> <left> <right> <right> C-h v <return> 
<help-echo> <switch-frame> <menu-bar> <help-menu> 
<send-emacs-bug-report>

Recent messages:
Sending...done
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
call-interactively: Wrong type argument: char-or-string-p, nil
Mark set [2 times]
t
C-x C-3 is undefined
C-x s-v is undefined
Mark set
t
Type C-x 1 to delete the help window.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(mailalias mailclient browse-url cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
cl-loaddefs cl-lib pp shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils kmacro help-fns help-mode
easymenu ghostedit ghostedit-stopwords-en easy-mmode which-func imenu
time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak
czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button
faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process cocoa ns multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 104609 21653)
(symbols 48 19480 0)
(miscs 40 92 321)
(strings 32 17724 5154)
(string-bytes 1 489172)
(vectors 16 11627)
(vector-slots 8 449289 11164)
(floats 8 109 570)
(intervals 56 592 9)
(buffers 960 15))