Subject: 24.3.93; HMS substraction in Calc hangs Emacs
From: [email-masked] (H. Dieter Wilhelm)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 12:16:02 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

`emacs -Q'.  Please open Calc (C-x * *) and type `@ 1 RET', `@ 2 RET'
and `-' (substract 2 minutes from 1 min.).  This hangs Emacs seemingly
for ever, even though substraction with negative results are permitted
for hours (`1 @ RET', `2 @ RET' and `-').

Thanks for Calc

       Dieter

In GNU Emacs 24.3.93.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.24)
 of 2014-08-27 on vsl28t2g
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11600000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux testing (jessie)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.utf8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  display-battery-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> / j o i n SPC x o r g <return> <f3> g <f4> 
C-p C-p C-p C-p <return> M l e h l ! w 1 <return> C-c 
C-c <return> <up> <return> <up> <up> <return> <return> 
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <f3> g g 
p <return> SPC y q g <up> <up> <up> <down> <return> 
<return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> q M-x 
b b <return> p o s t a u <backspace> <return> b p o 
s t <return> C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n J j J j q J j M-x e m a c s - C-g M-x v e r 
s i o n <return> M-x e m a c s - b u <backspace> <backspace> 
r e <M-backspace> <M-backspace> r e p <tab> o r C-, 
C-j

Recent messages:
No more unread articles
Formatting BBDB...done.
Formatting BBDB...done.
J is undefined
j is undefined
J is undefined
j is undefined
Quit
GNU Emacs 24.3.93.2 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.24) of 2014-08-27 on vsl28t2g
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-awk hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-awk
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ref hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ref
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-archive hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-archive
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-io hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-io
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-exp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-exp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-info hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-info
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-keys hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-keys
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-rmail hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-rmail
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-makefile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-makefile
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-calc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-calc
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-java hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-java
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-compat hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-compat
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-ctags hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-ctags
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-src hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-src
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-feed hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-feed
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-faces hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-faces
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-js hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-js
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-version hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-version
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-beamer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-beamer
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-lob
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-texinfo hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-indent hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-indent
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-fortran hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ledger hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-clock hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-clock
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sass hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sass
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-css hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-css
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-habit hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-habit
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-md hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-md
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-docview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-docview
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-comint hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-comint
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-entities hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-entities
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-element hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-element
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-gnus hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-gnus
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-latex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-R hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-R
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-table
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-bbdb hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-dot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-dot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-shen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-shen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-capture hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-capture
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ruby hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-attach hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-attach
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-eval hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-eval
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-perl hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-perl
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-macro hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-macro
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-octave hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-octave
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-macs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-macs
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-w3m hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-w3m
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-agenda hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-agenda
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-clojure hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-icalendar hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mouse hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-mouse
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-haskell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-python hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-python
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mhe hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-mhe
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-plot hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-plot
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-protocol hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-protocol
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-datetree hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-datetree
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-ascii hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-ascii
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-bibtex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-maxima hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-scheme hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sh hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sh
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-irc hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-irc
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-matlab hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-screen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-screen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-latex hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-latex
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-mobile hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-mobile
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-crypt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-crypt
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-C hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-C
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-publish hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-publish
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-colview hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-colview
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-core hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-core
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-tangle hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-man hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-man
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-table hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-table
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-timer hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-timer
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-sql hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-sql
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-footnote hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-footnote
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-list hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-list
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-id hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-id
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-html hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-html
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ob-scala hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ob-scala
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-install hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-install
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/org-eshell hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/org-eshell
/usr/local/src/org-8.2.7b/lisp/ox-odt hides /usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.93/lisp/org/ox-odt

Features:
(shadow emacsbug face-remap calc-undo calc-math calc-poly calc-prog
tabify calc-yank calc-mode calc-frac calc-arith calc-misc calc-units
calccomp calc-alg calc-aent calc-menu tramp-cmds tramp-sh tramp-cache
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ibuf-ext ibuffer image-file
apropos org-agenda cal-iso cal-move tex-mode compile latexenc pcmpl-unix
dired-aux erc-list erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete
erc-track erc-match erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat pp shr-color color gnus-fun
flow-fill canlock eieio-opt speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe help-mode
locate mailalias smtpmail bbdb-message sendmail flyspell ispell nnir
misearch multi-isearch mail-extr gnus-draft sort gnus-cite smiley
url-queue shr browse-url gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-dup qp gnus-ml
url-file url-dired mm-archive url-http url-gw url-cache url-auth
url-handlers utf-7 epa-file epa derived epg gnutls network-stream
starttls gnus-topic nndraft nnmh nnrss xml mm-url url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util nnfolder nnimap parse-time tls utf7 netrc nnmbox bbdb-gnus
bbdb-mua nnagent nnml gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode
nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime
smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils wid-edit term disp-table ehelp package edmacro
kmacro ffap thingatpt url-parse url-vars paren icomplete dired-x
ob-maxima ob-latex ob-sh shell ob-calc calc-store calc-trail calc-ext
calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-R ob-python ox-koma-letter ox-rss
ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html ox-ascii ox-publish ox info auth-source
eieio eieio-core mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache view mule-util
cal-china lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays
hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs battery time bbdb-print
bbdb-com crm mailabbrev bbdb bbdb-site timezone bbdb-loaddefs
org-element org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util
org-docview doc-view jka-compr image-mode dired org-bibtex bibtex
org-bbdb org-w3m org byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice
help-fns org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities noutline outline easy-mmode org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs gnugo cl-loaddefs cl-lib server time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1279541 202878)
 (symbols 48 54131 37)
 (miscs 40 4047 5945)
 (strings 32 134203 22440)
 (string-bytes 1 5020213)
 (vectors 16 58315)
 (vector-slots 8 1859546 96992)
 (floats 8 1139 1503)
 (intervals 56 322968 4056)
 (buffers 960 119)
 (heap 1024 143518 92735))

-- 
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm
Darmstadt, Germany