Subject: 24.3.92; <dead-acute> is undefined
From: Florian Beck <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 01:30:42 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

After upgrading to Ubuntu 14.04 (which I clearly should stop doing,
because it messed up my keybindings again, and stole C-<SPC> anf who
knows what else), I get "<dead-acute> is undefined" when I, well, press
<dead-acute>. While it might very well be Ubuntu messing things up,
emacs recognizes the key correctly and should do the right thing. (Gnome
terminal works as expected and so does xterm.)

In GNU Emacs 24.3.92.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.10.8)
 of 2014-07-03 on sophokles
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11501000
System Description:	Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

Configured using:
 `configure CC=gcc 'CFLAGS=-march=native -mtune=native -msse -msse2
 -msse3 -mmmx -O2 -pipe -g3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -fno-crossjumping'
 LDFLAGS=-O2'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LC_MONETARY: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LC_TIME: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
^ <dead-acute> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
M-x r e p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
<dead-acute> is undefined

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util help-fns mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip electric
uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 72184 4860)
 (symbols 48 17879 0)
 (miscs 40 35 88)
 (strings 32 9730 5088)
 (string-bytes 1 263851)
 (vectors 16 9056)
 (vector-slots 8 391773 10183)
 (floats 8 63 275)
 (intervals 56 180 4)
 (buffers 960 11)
 (heap 1024 39218 947))

-- 
Florian Beck