Subject: Re: bug#17815: 24.4.50; (process-file) erroneously raises its buffer when running with TRAMP
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]>
Cc: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 11:28:21 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Monnier <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>> @Stefan: This is no regression, I could reproduce it even with Emacs
>>>> 23.4. Therefore, I will fix it in the trunk. Please tell me if you
>>>> believe it shall go into emacs-24.
>>> Show me the patch (when it's ready), so I can see whether it looks
>>> safe enough.
>> That's what I've committed to the Tramp repository:
>
> Looks safe enough for emacs-24, thanks.

I've committed the lisp files to the emacs-24 branch as 117284, closing
the bug. tramp-tests.el will be committed to the trunk, next time
emacs-24 has been merged there.

> And in trunk, could you try and reduce the code-duplication between
> tramp-sh.el and tramp-adb.el?

Well, all handlers I could factor out for several backends, live in
tramp.el as `tramp-handle-...'. `tramp-adb-handle-process-file' and
`tramp-sh-handle-process-file' contain subtle differences, it will be
harder to refactor them.

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.