Subject: 24.3; wdired do not allow to edit first char in filenames
From: JuanLeon Lahoz <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 15:45:22 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

When I enter into wdired-mode I can edit every char in the file names but
the first.

For instance, workaround or renaming "foo" to "afoo" is to insert "af"
after "f" and then delete first "f" with backspace.

Patch below to file to wdired.el fixes the issue for me.

Regards
juanleon

*** wdired.el   2014-05-21 15:39:09.367026680 +0200
--- wdired.el.ori       2014-05-21 15:39:00.183026259 +0200
*************** or \\[wdired-abort-changes] to abort cha
*** 289,295 ****
          ;; the filename can't be modified.
          (add-text-properties
           (1- (point)) (point) `(old-name ,filename rear-nonsticky
(read-only)))
!         (put-text-property b-protection (1- (point)) 'read-only t)
          (setq b-protection (dired-move-to-end-of-filename t))
          (put-text-property (point) (1+ (point)) 'end-name t))
          (forward-line))
--- 289,295 ----
          ;; the filename can't be modified.
          (add-text-properties
           (1- (point)) (point) `(old-name ,filename rear-nonsticky
(read-only)))
!         (put-text-property b-protection (point) 'read-only t)
          (setq b-protection (dired-move-to-end-of-filename t))
          (put-text-property (point) (1+ (point)) 'end-name t))
          (forward-line))