Subject: Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'")
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 10:15:48 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.4.50

I just bootstrapped (or in fact, build at all) after two weeks and
suddenly I'm getting a lot of these:

Wrote c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/calendar/cal-loaddefs.el
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Generating autoloads for appt.el...

Wrote c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/calendar/diary-loaddefs.el
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Generating autoloads for appt.el...

Wrote c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/calendar/hol-loaddefs.el
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Generating autoloads for appt.el...

Wrote c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/mh-e/mh-loaddefs.el
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Generating autoloads for mh-acros.el...

Wrote c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/net/tramp-loaddefs.el
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Generating autoloads for ange-ftp.el...

Wrote c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/loaddefs.el
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Generating autoloads for align.el...

EMACSLOADPATH= '../src/bootstrap-emacs.exe' -batch --no-site-file
--no-site-lisp -l autoload \
    --eval '(setq generate-autoload-cookie ";;;###obsolete-autoload")' \
    --eval '(setq generated-autoload-file (expand-file-name
(unmsys--file-name "./loaddefs.el")))' \
    -f batch-update-autoloads ./obsolete
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Generating autoloads for obsolete/abbrevlist.el...

Saving file c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/international/uni-name.el...
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Wrote c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/international/uni-name.el

Updating c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/leim/leim-list.el ...
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
[...]
Eager macro-expansion failure: (error "Lisp nesting exceeds
`max-lisp-eval-depth'")
Checking c:/Devel/emacs/repo/trunk/lisp/leim/quail/ZOZY.el ...