Subject: 24.3.90; user cannot disable inferior python run from python-mode when file is visited
From: Andy Moreton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2014 13:11:25 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Load a file containing python code, in a file with extension ".py". This
will use python-mode as the major mode, which immediately runs an
inferior python executable.

I did not ask for a python interpreter, and do not want one running - I
just want to visit a file containing python code. There is not any
obvious way of disabling this behaviour.

Emacs should not run an arbitrary executable without explicit user
configuration to enable it.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.90.7 (i686-pc-mingw32)
  of 2014-04-29 on AJM-DESKTOP
Repository revision: 117027 
[email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
  `configure --prefix=/c/emacs-emacs-24
  --with-pkg-config-prog=/c/emacs/mingw-devel/pkg-config-0.26-1/bin/pkg-config.exe
  --enable-checking PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/c/emacs/mingw-devel/lib/pkgconfig
  'CPPFLAGS= -I/c/emacs/mingw-devel/include
  -I/c/emacs/mingw-devel/src/xpm/3.5.1/libXpm-3.5.1-src/lib' 'CFLAGS= -O0
  -g3' 'LDFLAGS= -L/c/emacs/mingw-devel/lib''