Subject: 24.3; ELPA files should not appear in recentf
From: Jonathan H <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 15:39:49 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In Emacs, running an update from the list-packages buffer causes all of
the files modified by package.el to show up in the recentf list. Because
it is both bad form to edit files under package management and rarely
done anyway, these files should not be listed.

I know this is arguably a bug, but I just though I'd throw it out
there since should probably be default.

Thanks,
PythonNut

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.9.10)
 of 2013-08-14 on buildvm-17.phx2.fedoraproject.org
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description: Fedora release 20 (Heisenbug)

Configured using:
 `configure '--build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 '--host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' '--program-prefix='
 '--disable-dependency-tracking' '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr'
 '--bindir=/usr/bin' '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--sysconfdir=/etc'
 '--datadir=/usr/share' '--includedir=/usr/include'
 '--libdir=/usr/lib64' '--libexecdir=/usr/libexec'
 '--localstatedir=/var' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--with-dbus'
 '--with-gif' '--with-jpeg' '--with-png' '--with-rsvg' '--with-tiff'
 '--with-xft' '--with-xpm' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-gpm=no'
 'build_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu'
 'host_alias=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DMAIL_USE_LOCKF -O2 -g
 -pipe -Wall -Wp,-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions
 -fstack-protector-strong --param=ssp-buffer-size=4
 -grecord-gcc-switches -m64 -mtune=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro ''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Shell-script

Minor modes in effect:
  sh-electric-here-document-mode: t
  magit-auto-revert-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  global-flycheck-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  dtrt-indent-mode: t
  icicle-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  global-auto-highlight-symbol-mode: t
  global-rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  auto-indent-global-mode: t
  auto-indent-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  minibuffer-depth-indicate-mode: t
  adaptive-wrap-prefix-mode: t
  global-surround-mode: t
  surround-mode: t
  evil-leader-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  xterm-mouse-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-movement> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
<right> <backspace> @ <left> <down> <end> <left> <backspace>
@ C-x C-s <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-=
f a s d C-g j j G k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k
k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k
k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k k j j j
j j j j j j j j j k k i E X P O R T <backspace> <backspace>
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> e x
p o r t SPC C-y C-z <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1>
C-y <home> <backspace> <right> <backspace> <end> =
4 C-x C-s <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x C-s j j / f
a s d <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4>
<double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> d d G k k
k p : w <return> C-x C-s <down-mouse-6> <mouse-6> <double-down-mouse-6>
<double-mouse-6> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-4>
<mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4> <double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> C-x
C-f <down-mouse-5> <mouse-5> <double-down-mouse-5>
<double-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5>
<triple-down-mouse-5> <triple-mouse-5> <triple-down-mouse-5>
<triple-mouse-5> <down-mouse-4> <mouse-4> <double-down-mouse-4>
<double-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4>
<triple-mouse-4> <triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4>
<triple-down-mouse-4> <triple-mouse-4> <down-mouse-1>
<mouse-1> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> M-x r e b <retu
rn>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Saving file /home/PythonNut/.zshrc...
XZ compressing #!home!PythonNut!.zshrc#.undo.xz...done
Wrote /home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/data/#!home!PythonNut!.zshrc#.undo.xz
Wrote /home/PythonNut/.zshrc
(No changes need to be saved)
(No files need saving)
After 0 kbd macro iterations: byte-code: peculiar error [2 times]
(No files need saving)
byte-code: Beginning of buffer [14 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/ack-menu-20130312.131/.dir-locals hides
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/full-ack-20130423.1304/.dir-locals
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/ack-menu-20130312.131/.dir-locals hides
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/kill-ring-search-20110605.1744/.dir-locals
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20140325.1330/dtrt-indent
hides /home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20130301.855/dtrt-indent
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20140325.1330/dtrt-indent-pkg
hides /home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20130301.855/dtrt-indent-pkg
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20140325.1330/dtrt-indent-diag
hides /home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20130301.855/dtrt-indent-diag
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20140325.1330/dtrt-indent-autoloads
hides /home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/dtrt-indent-20130301.855/dtrt-indent-autoloads
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20140314.255/snippets/python-mode/.yas-setup
hides /home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/yasnippet-20140314.255/snippets/text-mode/.yas-setup
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/livescript-mode-20131206.2300/livescript-mode
hides ~/.emacs.d/personal/livescript-mode
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/emmet-mode-20140218.836/emmet-mode hides
~/.emacs.d/personal/emmet-mode
~/.emacs.d/personal/asy-mode hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/asymptote/asy-mode
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/site-start.d/maxima-modes hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/maxima/site_start.d/maxima-modes
~/.emacs.d/personal/edmacro hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/edmacro
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/ack-menu-20130312.131/.dir-locals hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/emms-20140328.2129/tq hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/tq
/home/PythonNut/.emacs.d/elpa/cl-lib-0.5/cl-lib hides
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/cl-lib

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail misearch
multi-isearch phi-search phi-search-core face-remap image-file smartrep
sh-script smie executable lisp-mnt region-bindings-mode magit-key-mode
magit iswitchb esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util ediff-merg ediff-diff
ediff-wind ediff-help ediff-util ediff-mult ediff-init ediff epa derived
epg epg-config diff-mode autorevert git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode
server log-edit pcvs-util add-log autoload tar-mode helm-misc helm-ring
helm-elisp helm-eval eldoc mule-util parse-time tabify mail-utils
network-stream starttls url-http tls mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums url-gw url-cache url-auth smex smooth-scrolling jka-compr
flycheck-haskell haskell-cabal haskell-utils recentf tree-widget
flyspell ispell flycheck find-func rx f s ac-dabbrev-autoloads
ac-math-autoloads ace-jump-buffer-autoloads ace-jump-mode-autoloads
ack-menu-autoloads adaptive-wrap-autoloads aes-autoloads
auctex-autoloads tex-site auto-highlight-symbol-autoloads
auto-indent-mode-autoloads auto-yasnippet-autoloads
back-button-autoloads backup-walker-autoloads browse-kill-ring-autoloads
doremi-cmd-autoloads doremi-frm-autoloads doremi-autoloads
drag-stuff-autoloads dsvn-autoloads dtrt-indent-autoloads
easy-kill-autoloads elpy-autoloads elscreen-autoloads
emmet-mode-autoloads emms-autoloads ergoemacs-mode-autoloads
evil-args-autoloads evil-exchange-autoloads evil-leader-autoloads
evil-autoloads evil-nerd-commenter-autoloads faces+-autoloads
fancy-narrow-autoloads fastnav-autoloads find-file-in-project-autoloads
fiplr-autoloads flex-isearch-autoloads flx-ido-autoloads flx-autoloads
flycheck-haskell-autoloads flycheck-autoloads f-autoloads fm-autoloads
fold-dwim-autoloads frame-fns-autoloads framemove-autoloads
fsvn-autoloads full-ack-autoloads fuzzy-autoloads ghc-autoloads
god-mode-autoloads golden-ratio-autoloads goto-chg-autoloads
goto-last-change-autoloads grizzl-autoloads guide-key-autoloads
haskell-mode-autoloads helm-company-autoloads company-autoloads
helm-projectile-autoloads helm-swoop-autoloads helm-autoloads
hexrgb-autoloads highlight-indentation-autoloads icicles-autoloads
ido-ubiquitous-autoloads idomenu-autoloads iedit-autoloads
iflipb-autoloads impatient-mode-autoloads htmlize-autoloads
indent-guide-autoloads ipython-autoloads iy-go-to-char-autoloads
jedi-autoloads auto-complete-autoloads epc-autoloads ctable-autoloads
concurrent-autoloads jump-char-autoloads key-chord-autoloads
key-combo-autoloads kill-ring-search-autoloads lacarte-autoloads
linum-relative-autoloads livescript-mode-autoloads mag-menu-autoloads
magit-autoloads git-rebase-mode-autoloads git-commit-mode-autoloads
main-line-autoloads makey-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads
multi-term-autoloads multiple-cursors-autoloads nav-flash-autoloads
nlinum-autoloads nose-autoloads org-cua-dwim-autoloads
outshine-autoloads phi-search-autoloads popup-autoloads popwin-autoloads
pos-tip-autoloads powerline-autoloads powerline powerline-separators
color powerline-themes projectile-autoloads pkg-info-autoloads
epl-autoloads python-environment-autoloads deferred-autoloads
pyvenv-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
region-bindings-mode-autoloads s-autoloads scion-autoloads
scss-mode-autoloads simple-httpd-autoloads smart-forward-autoloads
expand-region-autoloads smart-mode-line-autoloads
smart-newline-autoloads smartparens-autoloads dash-autoloads
smartrep-autoloads smex-autoloads sml-modeline-autoloads
smooth-scrolling-autoloads solarized-theme-autoloads splitter-autoloads
surround-autoloads thingatpt+-autoloads ucs-utils-autoloads
persistent-soft-autoloads list-utils-autoloads pcache-autoloads
finder-inf undo-tree-autoloads virtualenv-autoloads
visible-mark-autoloads visual-regexp-steroids-autoloads
visual-regexp-autoloads cl-lib-autoloads web-mode-autoloads
whole-line-or-region-autoloads wide-n-autoloads yasnippet-autoloads
solarized-dark-theme solarized dtrt-indent whole-line-or-region
multiple-cursors mc-separate-operations rectangular-region-mode
mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors mc-edit-lines
multiple-cursors-core golden-ratio two-column info icicles icicles-mode
icicles-cmd2 icicles-cmd1 icicles-mcmd doremi icicles-fn icicles-var
icicles-opt fuzzy cus-theme cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit hexrgb
thingatpt+ icicles-face helm-files image-dired tramp warnings
tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs shell pcomplete format-spec dired-x
dired-aux ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile
cconv gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache url-vars mailcap
helm-plugin bookmark pp helm-locate helm-help helm-match-plugin
helm-grep helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-imenu helm-utils dired
compile comint ansi-color imenu helm helm-config helm-aliases
ido-ubiquitous flx-ido flx ido auto-complete-config auto-complete popup
auto-highlight-symbol highlight-current-line rainbow-delimiters paren
smartparens-config smartparens thingatpt dash yasnippet help-mode
auto-indent-mode linum-relative linum mb-depth adaptive-wrap easymenu
surround wide-n evil-indent-textobject-autoloads evil-leader evil
evil-integration undo-tree evil-maps evil-commands evil-types
evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core
evil-common rect evil-digraphs evil-vars ring cua-base xt-mouse
key-chord windmove elscreen view backup-walker easy-mmode diff cl-macs
gv backups-mode saveplace xclipboard delsel edmacro kmacro cl uniquify
advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload package time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)