Subject: 24.3; Menu bar and Semantic error
From: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 11:11:42 +0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Run `emacs -Q', evaluate these 3 expressions in arbitrary order:

(semantic-mode 1)
(menu-bar-mode 0)
(setq debug-on-error t)

Then run `M-x toggle-menu-bar-mode-from-frame'. This error pops up in *Backtrace*:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (void-variable senator-tag-ring)
  (ring-empty-p senator-tag-ring)
  (not (ring-empty-p senator-tag-ring))
  redisplay_internal\ \(C\ function\)()

`M-x emacs-version':
  
GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6) of 2013-12-23 on brahms, modified by Debian  

In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.6)
 of 2013-12-23 on brahms, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	LMDE Cinnamon Edition

Configured using:
 `configure '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu' '--build' 'x86_64-linux-gnu'
 '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib'
 '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info'
 '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs24:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' '--with-x=yes'
 '--with-x-toolkit=gtk3' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars'
 'build_alias=x86_64-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-g -O2 -fstack-protector
 --param=ssp-buffer-size=4 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall'
 'LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro' 'CPPFLAGS=-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  keyfreq-autosave-mode: t
  keyfreq-mode: t
  global-whitespace-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  ergoemacs-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
C-x C-f . M-z C-o C-g C-o <return> i n i <right> <return> 
M-e M-e <backspace> C-a M-c M-a e m a c s - b u g <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> r e p o r t - e m <tab> <r
eturn>

Recent messages:
Loading ergoemacs-shortcuts...done
Loading ergoemacs-extras...done
Loading ergoemacs-advices...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/variant-sindikat.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/mail.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/orgrc.el (source)...done
Loading /home/sindikat/.emacs.d/keyfreq.el (source)...done
When done with this frame, type M-x delete-frame
Quit

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/24.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
~/.emacs.d/custom hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/custom
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/json-1.2/json hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/json
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs24/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-info
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-table
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-list
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-install
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-element
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-id
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-version hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-version
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-src
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/sindikat/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20140303/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/.emacs.d/secrets hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3/lisp/net/secrets

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
hippie-exp server icomplete hl-line paren ido keyfreq disp-table
whitespace org-mobile smtpmail auth-source eieio password-cache sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils org-w3m org-wl
org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html
org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-id org-gnus gnus-util org-docview
doc-view jka-compr image-mode org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb ob-scheme
wombat-theme undo-tree diff suspend app ergoemacs-menus shell grep
compile esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc esh-arg eldoc
esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util dired-x cl-macs gv dired
calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs org-capture org-agenda org byte-opt
warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ring
ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec find-func
cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs ibuffer face-remap man ansi-color delsel
ergoemacs-mode two-column ergoemacs-advices advice help-fns
advice-preload cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit ergoemacs-extras
json ergoemacs-shortcuts ergoemacs-translate ergoemacs-functions
ergoemacs-modal ergoemacs-unbind descr-text help-mode ergoemacs-themes
ergoemacs-layouts cua-rect rect cua-base cl cl-lib
ergoemacs-mode-autoloads ghc-autoloads ghci-completion-autoloads
finder-inf haskell-mode-autoloads edmacro kmacro json-autoloads
markdown-mode-autoloads org-autoloads info easymenu undo-tree-autoloads
package tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)