Subject: 24.3.50; Emacs goes crazy when deleting lines
From: "Fabrice Niessen" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2014 17:15:04 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

When suppressing lines (with C-k) from a simple text file (results of
C-h v load-history), Emacs becomes crazy (inflooping, eating "all" my
CPU) _at one specific line_, the one beginning with "directory."

See the video on http://screencast.com/t/REu1Gy2RKAv. Note that the
*only* action I do during this whole one-minute video is pressing
C-k (until Emacs goes looping). No other key pressed, nothing.

This is 100% reproducible in my environment, with different Emacs
versions (on Windows 8).

File attached.

Best regards,

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-mingw32)
 of 2014-02-17 on LEG570
Repository revision: 116464 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.2.9200
Configured using:
 `configure --enable-checking 'CFLAGS=-O0 -g3' CPPFLAGS=-DGLYPH_DEBUG=1'

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252

Major mode: Group

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  gnus-topic-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  gnus-undo-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  sml-modeline-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
d:/Users/fni/.emacs.d/elpa/graphviz-dot-mode-20120821.1835/graphviz-dot-mode hides ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/graphviz-dot-mode
~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/org-effectiveness hides ~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-effectiveness
d:/Users/fni/.emacs.d/elpa/htmlize-20130207.1202/htmlize hides ~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/htmlize
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-texinfo hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-texinfo
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-publish hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-publish
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-org
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-odt hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-odt
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-md hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-md
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-man hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-man
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-latex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-latex
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-icalendar hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-icalendar
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-html hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-html
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-beamer hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-beamer
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ox-ascii hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ox-ascii
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-version
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-timer
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-table
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-src
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-plot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macs
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-macro hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macro
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-list
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-irc
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-install
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-info
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-indent
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-id
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-habit
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-feed
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-faces
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-entities
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-element
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docview
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-compat
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-colview
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-clock
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-capture
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-attach
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-archive
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-table
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-R
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-python
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-org
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-makefile hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-makefile
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-js
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-java
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-io
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-css
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-core hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-core
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-C
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite gnus-alias auto-complete popup vc-dispatcher
vc-svn org-mime org-crypt ob-sql ob-shell ob-org ob-ledger ob-dot
ob-ditaa ob-awk ob-R org-table git-commit-mode server log-edit pcvs-util
add-log vc-git org-element avl-tree org-checklist org-id org-gnus
org-habit org-agenda org-info appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs
org-inlinetask org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src
ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint ob-core ob-eval
org-compat org-macs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs nnir emacsbug
helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval eldoc helm-mode helm-files image-dired
whitespace flyspell ispell noutline outline tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shell pcomplete ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen
helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net browse-url
xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars helm-plugin bookmark
pp helm-locate helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp grep
helm-external helm-utils dired-sort-map dired-single dired+ dired-x
dired-aux dired compile comint ansi-color ring helm gnus-topic
image-file mail-extr utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnimap parse-time utf7
gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art
mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-cache gnus-sum
time-stamp copyright bbdb-message sendmail epa-file epa epg epg-config
netrc gnutls network-stream starttls tls nntp gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source nnoo gnus-leuven bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb
bbdb-site timezone mule-util rx auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv eieio-core password-cache gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit emacs-leuven
leuven-theme yasnippet help-mode find-func paren which-func imenu
hl-tags-mode derived org-loaddefs helm-config helm-aliases sml-modeline
hi-lock ace-jump-mode delsel easy-mmode info+ thingatpt edmacro kmacro
idle-require finder-inf tex-site info easymenu idle-require-autoloads
pager-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads tidy-autoloads package cl-macs gv
cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib emacs-load-time advice help-fns time-date tooltip
electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32
ls-lisp w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset
image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
w32notify w32 multi-tty emacs)