Subject: Re: bug#16774: Enabled minor mode lists
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Evgkeni Sampelnikof <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2020 05:38:25 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> Evgkeni Sampelnikof <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Has it been considered for each major mode to have a list of minor
>> modes that are enabled in it? The list would be "executed" before the
>> major-mode hook is run, and it would be modifiable through customize.
>>
>> This would give users unfamiliar with elisp more control. It would
>> also reduce the negative aspects of enabling a minor mode by default
>> -- finding out what's enabled and disabling would be trivial.
>
> (This was reported 6 years ago but never got a reply at the time.)
>
> I don't understand this feature request.  Isn't that exactly what the
> major-mode hook is?  What exactly are you asking for here?

More information was requested, but none was given within 6 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas