Subject: 24.3.50; Can't get Git Org mode info files before info files bundled with Emacs
From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2014 16:45:16 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

As I'm using Org mode from Git, I try to use the info files generated
(by `make info') instead of the "old" ones, bundled with GNU Emacs.

Here is my minimal configuration file:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(message "Loading Minimal Emacs...")

;; Org-mode
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp")
                                        ; modify the paths to suit your environment!

;; getting started
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.\\(org\\|org_archive\\|txt\\)\\'" . org-mode))
(require 'org-loaddefs)

(setq Info-default-directory-list
      `(,(expand-file-name
          (concat (file-name-directory (locate-library "org")) "../doc/"))
        "c:/cygwin/usr/share/info/"
        ,@Info-default-directory-list))

(setq Info-additional-directory-list
      `(,(expand-file-name
          (concat (file-name-directory (locate-library "org")) "../doc/"))
        "c:/cygwin/usr/share/info/"))

(message "Loading Minimal Emacs... Done")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

1. When setting `Info-default-directory-list' ONLY (commenting the lines
   about `Info-additional-directory-list'), the value of
   `Info-directory-list' is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
   ("c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/info/"
    "d:/Users/sva/Public/Repositories/org-mode/doc/"
    "c:/cygwin/usr/share/info/")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

2. When setting `Info-additional-directory-list' ONLY (commenting the lines
   about `Info-default-directory-list'), the value of `Info-directory-list'
   is:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
    ("c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/info/")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

That is: I never get the info files from the Git repository in front of
the Emacs one.

Best regards,
  Seb

-- 
Sebastien Vauban