Subject: 24.3.50; White background after loading a theme
From: Mattia Ziulu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 09:48:29 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When trying to load a dark background such as [0], [1] and the builtin
theme tango-dark, emacs reverts to a white background ("customize-face
RET default RET" tells me that Background has value "#ffffff"). I could
reproduce this behavior with emacs -q and load-ing the theme file, but
not with emacs -Q, where the same invocation gives the expected result.
Additional information has been collected in a recent discussion in the
emacs-help mailing list here[2].

It seems to me, after a brief testing session, that this[3] is be the
commit that causes this behavior. Reverting to a previous commit "fixes" this.

[0]: https://github.com/bbatsov/zenburn-emacs
[1]: http://git.naquadah.org/?p=naquadah-theme.git;a=summary
[2]: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2014-01/msg00056.html
[3]: http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs.git/commit/?id=15e14b165dcbc6566a0459b0d5e66f89080f569e

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.8.8)
 of 2014-01-14 on eagle.tekno-soft.it
Repository revision: [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Fedora Project', version 11.0.11404000
System Description:	Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat)

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/opt/mattia --with-wide-int
 --enable-link-time-optimization --with-file-notification=inotify
 'CFLAGS=-g3 -O2 -flto=4''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=none
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  hl-sexp-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  erc-notifications-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  hes-mode: t
  global-superword-mode: t
  superword-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  pretty-control-l-mode: t
  erc-hl-nicks-mode: t
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  elisp-slime-nav-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  auto-complete-mode: t
  sublimity-global-mode: t
  sublimity-mode: t
  sml-modeline-mode: t
  smartparens-global-mode: t
  smartparens-mode: t
  projectile-global-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  ido-ubiquitous-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  flx-ido-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  evil-mode: t
  evil-local-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  global-discover-mode: t
  discover-mode: t
  global-diff-hl-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<M-f10> M-x r e p o r t - m <backspace> e m a c s 
<return>

Recent messages:
Disabling `erc-pcomplete'
Error setting magit-diff-refine-hunk: (wrong-type-argument timerp nil)
Loading /home/mattia/.emacs.d/recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...
File /home/mattia/.emacs.d/elpa/git-messenger-20140108.811/git-messenger-autoloads.el removed from the recentf list
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (1 removed)
Invalid face reference: quote [6 times]
Loading /home/mattia/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
Starting new Ispell process [aspell::default] ...
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
/home/mattia/.emacs.d/elpa/js2-mode-20140113.1754/.dir-locals hides /home/mattia/.emacs.d/elpa/flycheck-20140113.651/.dir-locals
/home/mattia/.emacs.d/elpa/js2-mode-20140113.1754/.dir-locals hides /opt/mattia/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals
/home/mattia/.emacs.d/elpa/tabulated-list-20120406.2251/tabulated-list hides /opt/mattia/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/emacs-lisp/tabulated-list

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail hl-sexp disp-table erc-spelling
erc-desktop-notifications notifications dbus naquadah-theme paren
recentf tree-widget highlight-escape-sequences superword subword time
cus-start cus-load rainbow-mode whitespace zenburn-theme c-eldoc
cc-mode-expansions cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs sm-package-zenburn-theme
sm-package-rainbow-mode sm-package-pp-c-l pp-c-l
sm-package-naquadah-theme sm-package-hl-sexp sm-package-edit-color-stamp
sm-package-erc-hl-nicks erc-hl-nicks color sm-package-erc erc-list
erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit
erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat sm-package-identica-mode
sm-package-php-mode sm-package-jedi jedi epc ctable concurrent deferred
sm-package-epc sm-package-ein sm-package-js2-mode
sm-package-elisp-slime-nav elisp-slime-nav etags sm-package-flyspell
flyspell ispell sm-package-flycheck-color-mode-line sm-package-flycheck
flycheck rx sm-package-yasnippet yasnippet sm-package-uncrustify-mode
uncrustify-mode sm-package-ggtags sm-package-c-eldoc
sm-package-auto-complete-clang auto-complete-clang sm-package-fuzzy
sm-package-auto-complete auto-complete-config auto-complete
sm-package-wgrep-ag wgrep-ag sm-package-wgrep wgrep sm-package-windmove
sm-package-visual-regexp sm-package-utils sm-package-undo-tree
sm-package-sublimity sublimity-scroll sublimity sm-package-sml-modeline
sml-modeline sm-package-smooth-scrolling smooth-scrolling
sm-package-smex smex sm-package-smartparens smartparens-config
smartparens sm-package-projectile projectile pkg-info find-func epl
sm-package-prodigy sm-package-persistent-soft sm-package-package
sm-package-multiple-cursors multiple-cursors mc-separate-operations
rectangular-region-mode mc-mark-pop mc-mark-more mc-cycle-cursors
mc-edit-lines multiple-cursors-core sm-package-melpa-upstream-visit
melpa-upstream-visit sm-package-mc-extras sm-package-magit-filenotify
magit-filenotify sm-package-magit magit-key-mode magit view epa derived
epg epg-config autorevert filenotify git-rebase-mode git-commit-mode
server log-edit message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev mail-utils
gmm-utils mailheader pcvs-util add-log sm-package-markdown-mode+
sm-package-markdown-mode sm-package-list-packages-ext
sm-package-ido-ubiquitous ido-ubiquitous warnings sm-package-ido
sm-package-hl-line+ hl-line+ hl-line
sm-package-highlight-escape-sequences sm-package-helm-swoop
sm-package-helm-projectile sm-package-helm-ag sm-package-helm helm-files
image-dired ffap helm-buffers helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark
helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util url-parse url-vars mailcap helm-plugin bookmark pp helm-locate
helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp grep helm-external
helm-utils helm-misc helm helm-config helm-aliases sm-package-grizzl
sm-package-git-messenger git-messenger tramp tramp-compat auth-source
gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell format-spec popup sm-package-gitignore-mode
sm-package-gitconfig-mode sm-package-git-commit-training-wheels-mode
sm-package-gist eieio eieio-core sm-package-fold-this sm-package-flx-ido
flx-ido flx ido sm-package-flx sm-package-f f dash s
sm-package-expand-region expand-region text-mode-expansions
python-el-fgallina-expansions er-basic-expansions thingatpt
expand-region-custom expand-region-core sm-package-evil evil
evil-integration undo-tree diff evil-maps evil-commands evil-types
evil-search evil-ex evil-macros evil-repeat evil-states evil-core
evil-common windmove rect evil-digraphs evil-vars sm-package-eshell
em-smart pcomplete esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg diminish eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util
sm-package-discover discover edmacro kmacro makey
sm-package-dired-single dired-single sm-package-dired-efap dired-efap
sm-package-dired+ help-mode dired+ dired-x dired-aux sm-package-dired
dired sm-package-diminish sm-package-diff-hl diff-hl vc-dir ewoc vc
vc-dispatcher diff-mode easy-mmode sm-package-defaults saveplace
jka-compr sm-package-change-inner sm-package-bytecomp sm-package-bm bm
sm-package-browse-kill-ring browse-kill-ring sm-package-auto-compile
byte-opt auto-compile packed bytecomp byte-compile cconv info
sm-package-async sm-package-ag ag compile sm-package-achievements
advanced-achievements achievements basic-achievements
achievements-functions sm-package-groovy-mode python easymenu comint
ring ansi-color sm-module-visual sm-module-social sm-module-HRI
sm-module-php sm-module-python sm-module-org sm-module-javascript
sm-module-emacs-lisp sm-module-checkers sm-module-C sm-module-completion
sm-module-base sm-module-android smotitah cl-macs advice help-fns gv
package cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip electric uniquify
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)