Subject: Assertion failure in Fset_default_file_modes
From: Juanma Barranquero <[email-masked]>
To: Bug-Gnu-Emacs <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 16:48:20 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3.50

Normal use, not from -Q

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
[Switching to Thread 12260.0x21e4]
0x76b5321a in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
(gdb) bt
#0  0x76b5321a in KERNELBASE!DeleteAce () from
C:\Windows\syswow64\KernelBase.dll
#1  0x011fb466 in emacs_abort () at w32fns.c:8419
#2  0x010efd56 in terminate_due_to_signal (sig=22,
backtrace_limit=2147483647) at emacs.c:378
#3  0x01161af9 in die (msg=0x14975f8 "oldumask == oldrealmask",
file=0x1496ee7 "fileio.c", line=3173) at alloc.c:6760
#4  0x01132f9e in Fset_default_file_modes (mode=2044) at fileio.c:3173
#5  0x0117fd9f in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88d588) at eval.c:2805
#6  0x011c0864 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=62194337, vector=88404397,
maxdepth=12, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88d8b4) at
bytecode.c:919
#7  0x01180581 in funcall_lambda (fun=87523589, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88d8b4) at eval.c:2973
#8  0x0117ffdb in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88d8b0) at eval.c:2854
#9  0x0117e907 in eval_sub (form=61380302) at eval.c:2147
#10 0x0117a598 in Fprogn (body=61380294) at eval.c:458
#11 0x0117a600 in unwind_body (body=61380294) at eval.c:472
#12 0x01181128 in unbind_to (count=23, value=58312738) at eval.c:3296
#13 0x011c0907 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=62583681, vector=86622573,
maxdepth=112, args_template=2048, nargs=1, args=0x88de48) at
bytecode.c:941
#14 0x01180581 in funcall_lambda (fun=86622997, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88de44) at eval.c:2973
#15 0x0117ffdb in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88de40) at eval.c:2854
#16 0x0117ef2f in Fapply (nargs=2, args=0x88de40) at eval.c:2291
#17 0x0117e907 in eval_sub (form=86358334) at eval.c:2147
#18 0x0117cb7a in internal_lisp_condition_case (var=60122146,
bodyform=86358334, handlers=86358510) at eval.c:1313
#19 0x0117c662 in Fcondition_case (args=86358326) at eval.c:1241
#20 0x0117e775 in eval_sub (form=86358318) at eval.c:2123
#21 0x0117a598 in Fprogn (body=86358646) at eval.c:458
#22 0x011808b0 in funcall_lambda (fun=86358830, nargs=2,
arg_vector=0x88e2f0) at eval.c:3032
#23 0x011800ae in Ffuncall (nargs=3, args=0x88e2ec) at eval.c:2866
#24 0x0117ef2f in Fapply (nargs=3, args=0x88e2ec) at eval.c:2291
#25 0x0117fc8f in Ffuncall (nargs=4, args=0x88e2e8) at eval.c:2786
#26 0x011c0864 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=61083361, vector=87722821,
maxdepth=20, args_template=512, nargs=1, args=0x88e620) at
bytecode.c:919
#27 0x01180581 in funcall_lambda (fun=87722845, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88e620) at eval.c:2973
#28 0x0117ffdb in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88e61c) at eval.c:2854
#29 0x011c0864 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=62014129, vector=86623677,
maxdepth=20, args_template=1024, nargs=1, args=0x88e8b4) at
bytecode.c:919
#30 0x01180581 in funcall_lambda (fun=86623773, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88e8b0) at eval.c:2973
#31 0x011802a0 in apply_lambda (fun=86623773, args=62352846) at eval.c:2914
#32 0x0117ec7e in eval_sub (form=62352838) at eval.c:2220
#33 0x0117a598 in Fprogn (body=62353254) at eval.c:458
#34 0x0117a3e0 in Fif (args=62350494) at eval.c:410
#35 0x0117e775 in eval_sub (form=62350486) at eval.c:2123
#36 0x0117a598 in Fprogn (body=62350726) at eval.c:458
#37 0x0117bd30 in Flet (args=62350734) at eval.c:966
#38 0x0117e775 in eval_sub (form=62350742) at eval.c:2123
#39 0x0117a598 in Fprogn (body=62350766) at eval.c:458
#40 0x011808b0 in funcall_lambda (fun=62350814, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88ee70) at eval.c:3032
#41 0x011800ae in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88ee6c) at eval.c:2866
#42 0x011c0864 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19643297, vector=19643317,
maxdepth=92, args_template=1028, nargs=1, args=0x88f1ac) at
bytecode.c:919
#43 0x01180581 in funcall_lambda (fun=19643277, nargs=1,
arg_vector=0x88f1a8) at eval.c:2973
#44 0x0117ffdb in Ffuncall (nargs=2, args=0x88f1a4) at eval.c:2854
#45 0x011c0864 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19630433, vector=19630453,
maxdepth=68, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88f50c) at
bytecode.c:919
#46 0x01180581 in funcall_lambda (fun=19630413, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f50c) at eval.c:2973
#47 0x0117ffdb in Ffuncall (nargs=1, args=0x88f508) at eval.c:2854
#48 0x011c0864 in exec_byte_code (bytestr=19628641, vector=19628661,
maxdepth=48, args_template=0, nargs=0, args=0x88f7c0) at
bytecode.c:919
#49 0x01180581 in funcall_lambda (fun=19628621, nargs=0,
arg_vector=0x88f7c0) at eval.c:2973
#50 0x011802a0 in apply_lambda (fun=19628621, args=58312738) at eval.c:2914
#51 0x0117ec7e in eval_sub (form=60040462) at eval.c:2220
#52 0x0117e29e in Feval (form=60040462, lexical=58312738) at eval.c:1993
#53 0x010f3789 in top_level_2 () at keyboard.c:1179
#54 0x0117cc85 in internal_condition_case (bfun=0x10f376c
<top_level_2>, handlers=58364194, hfun=0x10f3307 <cmd_error>) at
eval.c:1344
#55 0x010f37bd in top_level_1 (ignore=58312738) at keyboard.c:1187
#56 0x0117c232 in internal_catch (tag=58359554, func=0x10f378b
<top_level_1>, arg=58312738) at eval.c:1108
#57 0x010f36ef in command_loop () at keyboard.c:1148
#58 0x010f2ea4 in recursive_edit_1 () at keyboard.c:777
#59 0x010f3060 in Frecursive_edit () at keyboard.c:841
#60 0x010f1258 in main (argc=2, argv=0xc81bb8) at emacs.c:1637

Lisp Backtrace:
"set-default-file-modes" (0x88d58c)
0x5378100 PVEC_COMPILED
"funcall" (0x88d8b0)
0x529c310 PVEC_COMPILED
"apply" (0x88de40)
"condition-case" (0x88e064)
0x525bb30 Lisp type 6
"apply" (0x88e2ec)
"server-start" (0x88e620)
"server-mode" (0x88e8b0)
"if" (0x88eaf4)
"let" (0x88eca4)
"lk--choose-server" (0x88ee70)
"command-line-1" (0x88f1a8)
"command-line" (0x88f50c)
"normal-top-level" (0x88f7c0)
(gdb) frame 4
#4  0x01132f9e in Fset_default_file_modes (mode=2044) at fileio.c:3173
3173      eassert (oldumask == oldrealmask);
(gdb) p oldumask
$1 = 0
(gdb) p oldrealmask
$2 = 63
(gdb)