Subject: Re: 24.3.50; [PATCH] eww: eww-history-mode fixup.
From: Ivan Shmakov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 07:06:57 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

>>>>> Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <[email-masked]> writes:

 > Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 00:00:52 +0900

 > Since current eww-history does not work well, I fixed.  Please review
 > and install it to the official tree if appreciated.

 > Signed-off-by: Kenjiro NAKAYAMA <[email-masked]>

 > * net/eww.el (eww-list-histories,eww-history-browse): Fixup.
 > (eww-history-quit): Delete and use quit-window.
 > (eww-history-kill): Delete, because it doesn't work well and
 > not necessary.
 > (eww-history-mode-map): Delete some keys and add easy-menu.

[…]

	Except for the line numbers and such, this exact diff was
	applied as e8fcf8ca81c8 back in January.  Thus I guess this bug
	report may safely be closed.

	That being said, I’d disagree that eww-history-kill is not
	necessary: the eww-history records contain pages’ DOMs, sources,
	and rendered texts (as :dom, :source and :text properties,
	respectively), and the only currently “supported” way to clear
	that is to kill a specific EWW buffer and create one anew, which
	isn’t all that fine-grained, as it seems.

-- 
FSF associate member #7257	http://boycottsystemd.org/