Subject: 24.3.50; python-mode does not detect too many closing parentheses
From: Torsten Bronger <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2013 09:42:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In python-mode, if you write something like

print("Hallo))

the second closing parenthesis doesn't trigger the error "No matching
parenthesis found", but the opening parenthesis is highlighted.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu)
 of 2013-12-19 on wilson
Bzr revision: 115601 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure --prefix=/usr/local/ --mandir=/usr/local/share/man/
 --infodir=/usr/local/share/info/ --with-x-toolkit=no --without-makeinfo
 --with-xpm --with-jpeg --with-tiff --with-gif --with-png --with-x'

Important settings:
  locale-coding-system: nil

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
E 1 0 " C-a C-k <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <end> <return> i f SPC m o u n t 
SPC n o t SPC i n SPC " <backspace> [ " o l y m p u 
s E 1 0 " ] : <down> <tab> C-x C-s C-c g <return> <return> 
! C-c q g q <up> <up> <up> <down> g q C-c g q C-c g 
q C-c g <return> <return> <help-echo> <down-mouse-2> 
<mouse-1> <down> <down> C-x o <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> C-o C-a C-k / b 
o b : / w i n <tab> h o b <tab> <return> q q C-c g 
q C-c g SPC d d d d q q C-x C-f C-a <right> <right> 
<backspace> <backspace> C-k / b o b : / w i n d o w 
s / h o b i e / f e r m i _ i n t e g r a l . p y <return> 
C-x b <return> M-< C-SPC <down> <down> M-w C-x b <return> 
M-< C-y <down> <return> C-x C-s C-y <return> <return> 
i n t e g r a t e . q u a d ( x <backspace> l a m b 
d a SPC x : SPC x * * 2 , SPC 0 , SPC 2 ) <home> p 
r i n t ( C-e ) C-x C-s <down> <down> <down> <backspace> 
) M-x e m a c s - r e <tab> <tab> <backspace> <backspace> 
b u <tab> <backspace> <escape> <backspace> <escape> 
<backspace> r e p o <tab> r t - e m a <tab> b u <tab> 
<return>

Recent messages:
Saving file /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py...
Wrote /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py
Mark set
Saving file /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py...
Renaming /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py to /scp:bob:/home/bronger/temp/!scp:bob:!windows!hobie!fermi_integral.py.~1~...done
Wrote /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/fermi_integral.py
End of buffer [2 times]
Wrote /scp:bob:/windows/hobie/#_ascp_bbob_b_awindows_ahobie_afermi__integral.py#
Auto-saving...done
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/textmodes/rst hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/rst

Features:
(shadow emacsbug sendmail tramp-cache tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat
tramp-loaddefs trampver shr qp misearch multi-isearch shell find-dired
gnus-picon sort smiley gnus-cite flow-fill mm-archive gnus-async
gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gmane nndraft nnmh gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg nnml nnfolder gnus-cache bbdb-gnus
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap
gnus-sum bbdb-snarf mail-extr bbdb-com netrc network-stream auth-source
eieio eieio-core password-cache starttls tls nntp nnoo gnus-topic
gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int
gnus-range message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr
help-mode mule-util warnings parse-time reftex-dcr reftex reftex-vars
font-latex latexenc org-table adaptive-wrap vc-cvs make-mode sgml-mode
vc-git vc-rcs vc-dispatcher vc-svn cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs disp-table
python rx nxml-uchnm rng-xsd xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid
rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-ns nxml-mode nxml-outln nxml-rap nxml-util nxml-glyph nxml-enc
xmltok adaptive-wrap-autoloads package vc-bzr org-element org-rmail
org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus gnus-util org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m org-agenda ob-python org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs format-spec
find-func server cl-macs gv w3m browse-url doc-view jka-compr dired
image-mode w3m-hist w3m-fb bookmark-w3m w3m-ems wid-edit w3m-ccl ccl
w3m-favicon w3m-image w3m-proc w3m-util rst compile comint ansi-color
ring browse-kill-ring mmm-mode mmm-univ mmm-class mmm-region mmm-auto
mmm-vars mmm-utils mmm-compat cl bbdb-autoloads bbdb timezone cal-china
lunar solar cal-dst cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs
appt diary-lib diary-loaddefs cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs preview
prv-emacs info reporter latex easy-mmode edmacro kmacro tex-style
tex-buf tex dbus xml advice help-fns easymenu autorevert filenotify
tex-site auto-loads savehist time desktop frameset cl-loaddefs cl-lib
delsel cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer nadvice
loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting x
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Torsten Bronger    Jabber ID: [email-masked]
                                  or http://bronger-jmp.appspot.com