Subject: Guile 2.0.9 on BlueGene Q
From: "Carroll-Nellenback, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Research Computing <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 21:39:01 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,
  I am trying to run guile 2.0.9 on the BlueGene Q architecture, but when I try to run the following guile script,

(display "Hello, world!")
(newline)

the code exits immediately with the following error:

*** glibc detected *** /usr/local/guile/2.0.9/bin/guile: free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x00000019c6001f00 ***

I've been able to build and run it successfully on the head nodes - but when I cross compile for the compute nodes, the code dies.

I've attached the config.log and the output from make and here is the backtrace

/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M0/ppc64/toolchain/gnu/glibc-2.12.2/stdlib/abort.c:77
/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M0/ppc64/toolchain/gnu/glibc-2.12.2/libio/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/libc_fatal.c:186
/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M0/ppc64/toolchain/gnu/glibc-2.12.2/malloc/malloc.c:6327
/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M0/ppc64/toolchain/gnu/glibc-2.12.2/malloc/malloc.c:3779
/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M0/ppc64/toolchain/gnu/glibc-2.12.2/nptl/pthread_attr_destroy.c:42
:0
:0
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/gc.c:653
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/init.c:385
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/threads.c:835
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/threads.c:901
:0
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/threads.c:951
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/threads.c:957
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/init.c:320
/usr/local/src/guile/guile-2.0.9/libguile/guile.c:108
/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M0/ppc64/toolchain/gnu/glibc-2.12.2/csu/../csu/libc-start.c:226
/bgsys/drivers/V1R2M0/ppc64/toolchain/gnu/glibc-2.12.2/csu/../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/powerpc/libc-start.c:194
??:0