Subject: 24.3.50; Error in ps-print with some custom colors
From: "Sebastien Vauban" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 19:39:44 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

If you have colors for Org tags, such as:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  ;; faces for specific tags
  (setq org-tag-faces
        '(("home" .
           (:slant italic
            :foreground "#5C88D3" :background "#BBDDFF"))
          ("work" .
           (:slant italic
            :foreground "#5F7C43" :background "#C1D996"))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

you can't export the Org agenda views anymore (C-x C-w to a PDF file, on any
view containing Org tags); they all generate the following error:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument listp "#5C88D3")
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Though, you can export to PDF with no error if you specify the faces without
the dot:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
  (setq org-tag-faces
        '(("home"
           (:slant italic
            :foreground "#5C88D3" :background "#BBDDFF"))
          ("work"
           (:slant italic
            :foreground "#5F7C43" :background "#C1D996"))))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Since Emacs does display correctly with both ways to specify a font, it should
be a bug in `ps-print'?

NOTE -- Though it does not generate any error, these tags in the PDF file have
a white background, not the one specified...

Full recipe and thread available at:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-09/msg00466.html.

Best regards,
  Seb

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.utf8
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Org

Minor modes in effect:
  TeX-PDF-mode: t
  helm-match-plugin-mode: t
  helm-occur-match-plugin-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-complete-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  whitespace-mode: t
  flyspell-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  auto-fill-function: org-auto-fill-function
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
d:/Users/sva/.emacs.d/elpa/graphviz-dot-mode-20120821.1835/graphviz-dot-mode hides ~/.emacs.d/site-lisp/graphviz-dot-mode
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-wl hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-wl
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-vm hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-vm
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-version
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-timer
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-table
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-src
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-plot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-mew hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mew
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macs
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-list
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-irc
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-install
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-info
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-indent
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-id
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-habit
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-feed
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-faces
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-entities
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-element
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docview
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-compat
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-colview
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-clock
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-capture
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-attach
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-archive
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-table
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-R
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-python
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-org
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-js
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-java
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-io
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-css
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-C
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/Public/Repositories/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides c:/Program Files (x86)/emacs-trunk/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote

Features:
(shadow emacsbug reporter calc-map calc-stat calc-vec calc-menu calc-aent
org-clock cal-iso org-capture boxquote rect canlock gnus-alias nnir vc-cvs
vc-rcs vc-dir ewoc vc html-mode jsp-html-helper-mode asp-html-helper-mode
php-html-helper-mode html-helper-mode tempo cc-langs cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess
cc-menus cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs tidy sgml-mode
htmlize tabify pager make-mode sh-script smie executable time-stamp copyright
preview prv-emacs tex-buf reftex-dcr reftex-auc reftex reftex-vars font-latex
latex tex-style tex latexenc ox-beamer helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval
helm-mode ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn
nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html
table ox-ascii ox-publish ox filecache bookmark pp ido helm-files image-dired
tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ffap thingatpt helm-buffers
helm-elscreen helm-tags helm-bookmark helm-adaptative helm-info helm-net
browse-url xml url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf url-util url-parse url-vars helm-plugin helm-locate
helm-help helm-match-plugin helm-grep helm-regexp grep helm-external helm-utils
compile helm smerge-mode diff-mode mm-archive qp saveplace sort gnus-cite
gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml hl-line server auto-complete-config auto-complete
popup recentf tree-widget gnus-topic mail-extr utf-7 nndraft nnmh nnimap
parse-time utf7 gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 mm-view mml-smime smime dig mailcap gnus-cache
bbdb-message sendmail epa-file epa epg epg-config netrc gnutls network-stream
starttls tls nntp gnus-leuven gnus-dired dired-sort-map dired-single dired+
dired-x dired-aux dired bbdb-gnus bbdb-mua bbdb-com crm bbdb bbdb-site timezone
vc-dispatcher vc-svn org-table eldoc edebug redshank skeleton paredit hideshow
git-commit vc-git whitespace flyspell ispell image-file org-element org-id
org-gnus org-habit org-agenda org-info org-mime org-crypt ob-sql ob-sh shell
ob-python ob-org ob-ledger ob-latex ob-gnuplot ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-calc
calc-store calc-trail calc-ext calc calc-loaddefs calc-macs ob-awk ob-R appt
diary-lib diary-loaddefs org-inlinetask org org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys
ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source org-compat
org-macs mule-util auth-source eieio byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile cconv
eieio-core password-cache gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message
format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit emacs-leuven
leuven-theme find-func paren mic-paren hl-tags-mode derived yasnippet help-mode
org-loaddefs uniquify helm-config helm-aliases diff-mode- easy-mmode edmacro
kmacro idle-require finder-inf tex-site auto-complete-autoloads bbdb-autoloads
gnuplot-mode-autoloads idle-require-autoloads info easymenu lcs-autoloads
pager-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads tidy-autoloads tracking-autoloads
shorten-autoloads package cl-macs gv advice help-fns cl cl-loaddefs cl-lib
time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 ls-lisp
w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode prog-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom
widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process w32notify w32
multi-tty emacs)

-- 
Sebastien Vauban