Subject: 24.3.50; hebrew: describe-input-method, case sensitive or not
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2013 20:33:32 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

1. C-x b *scratch*
2. M-x set-input-method RET hebrew RET
3. C-h C-\

   Note that the table that is shown suggests that the Latin characters
   should be typed in uppercase.

4. Type the following chars - SUS AKUO - See what happens.
5. Type the follwoing chars - sus akuo -  See what happens.

What needs to happen:

Either take the input chars case-insensitively or use lowercase latin
letters in the help table.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.5 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
 of 2013-11-04 on debian-6.05
Bzr revision: 114933 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 6.0.5 (squeeze)

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  eldoc-post-insert-mode: t
  url-handler-mode: t
  global-hi-lock-mode: t
  hi-lock-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
o <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> C-x 1 <up> <up> <up> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<escape> x r e p o r t - C-g <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> <down> 
<down> <down> <down> <down> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <up> <up> <up> <escape> x r e p o r t - e m <tab> 
<return> H e b r w e <backspace> <backspace> w e <backspace> 
<backspace> e SPC w i n <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> w SPC <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> h e 
b r e w SPC i n p u t SPC m e t h o d SPC <backspace> 
: SPC I s SPC i t <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> SPC 
+ SPC c a s e SPC i <backspace> s e n s i t i t l y 
C-a C-k h e r b e r e <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
r e w SPC + SPC Q u a <backspace> <backspace> <backspace> 
q u C-x b <return> C-h k C-h C-\ C-x 1 <escape> x s 
e t - i n p u t <tab> <return> C-g <escape> x r e p 
o r t - e m a c s <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Mark set
Marking matching files...
8 matching files marked.
Killed 149 lines.
Mark set
C-h \ is undefined
Quit
End of buffer [3 times]

Quit

Load-path shadows:
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-clock hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-clock
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-maxima hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-maxima
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ruby hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ruby
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-inlinetask hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-tangle hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-tangle
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-wl hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-wl
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-picolisp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-rmail hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-rmail
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-keys hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-keys
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-datetree hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-datetree
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-mew hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mew
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-element hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-element
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-table hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-irc hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-irc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-plot hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-plot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-css hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-css
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-id hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-id
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-docview hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-docview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-python hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-python
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-asymptote hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scala hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-scala
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-eshell hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-eshell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-gnuplot hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lilypond hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sql hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sql
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-version hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-version
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-latex hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-latex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mhe hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mhe
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-eval hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-eval
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-attach hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-attach
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-feed hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-feed
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-archive hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-archive
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-faces hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-faces
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-src hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-src
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-comint hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-comint
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-shen hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-shen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-dot hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-dot
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sqlite hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-macs hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-macs
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-timer hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-timer
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ledger hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ledger
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-ctags hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-ctags
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-mscgen hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-plantuml hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-table hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-table
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-emacs-lisp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-matlab hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-matlab
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-install hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-install
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-clojure hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-clojure
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-js hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-js
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-indent hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-indent
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mobile hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mobile
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-list hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-list
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bibtex hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-bibtex
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-R hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-R
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-mouse hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-mouse
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-gnus hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-gnus
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-exp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-exp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-crypt hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-crypt
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-habit hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-habit
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lisp hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lisp
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-footnote hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-footnote
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sass hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sass
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ocaml hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-sh hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-sh
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-C hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-C
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-protocol hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-protocol
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-java hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-java
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-bbdb hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-bbdb
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-octave hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-octave
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-lob hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-lob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-w3m hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-w3m
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-compat hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-compat
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-scheme hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-scheme
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-agenda hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-agenda
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-colview hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-colview
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ref hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ref
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-fortran hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-fortran
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-calc hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-calc
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-entities hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-entities
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-haskell hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-haskell
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-capture hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-capture
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-info hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-info
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-pcomplete hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-org hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-org
~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp/org-vm hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-vm
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-perl hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-perl
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-screen hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-screen
~/src/org-mode/lisp/org-loaddefs hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-ditaa hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-io hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-io
~/src/org-mode/lisp/ob-awk hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/org/ob-awk
~/src/private/orgmuse hides /home/kjambunathan/src/emacs/trunk/lisp/net/orgmuse

Features:
(shadow emacsbug dired-aux add-log quail eww mm-url bug-reference
help-mode misearch multi-isearch mailalias smtpmail sendmail nndoc
url-cache debbugs-gnu debbugs soap-client url-http url-auth url-gw url
url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie
url-domsuf url-util warnings xml shr browse-url mm-archive nnir qp sort
smiley gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-async gnus-bcklg gnus-ml gnus-salt
disp-table gnus-topic nndraft nnmh utf-7 network-stream starttls nnimap
parse-time tls utf7 netrc nnfolder nnnil gnus-agent gnus-srvr gnus-score
score-mode nnvirtual gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view
mml-smime smime dig mailcap nntp gnus-cache mule-util doc-view jka-compr
arc-mode archive-mode view vc-bzr diary-lib diary-loaddefs info
org-element nroff-mode image-mode face-remap vc-git eldoc package xr rx
url-handlers url-parse auth-source eieio eieio-core password-cache
url-vars pp hi-lock gnus-dired dired-x dired color saveplace org-w3m
org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex
bibtex org-bbdb ob-dot ob-ditaa ob-plantuml which-func imenu paren
savehist ido icomplete electric desktop frameset cus-start cus-load
private-loaddefs rgrep grep compile cscope search org byte-opt bytecomp
byte-compile cconv edmacro kmacro derived org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline
org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src easy-mmode ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval
org-compat advice help-fns org-macs find-func cal-menu calendar
cal-loaddefs gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message cl-macs gv format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus
gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit cl
cl-loaddefs cl-lib cc-mode cc-fonts easymenu cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs org-loaddefs time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
dbusbind gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)