Subject: Re: bug#15795: 24.3.50; Compile uses relative filenames, breaks goto next error.
From: Jan Djärv <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 12:33:30 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

2013-11-04 19:34, Jan Djärv skrev:
> Hello.
>
> 4 nov 2013 kl. 09:10 skrev Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>:
>
>>
>> PS try configuring your out-of-tree build using an absolute path to the
>> srcdir.
>
> That workaround works.

After I finally got round to do some debugging, I find that compile-mode does 
directory tracking, but for English only.  After setting up 
compilation-directory-matcher to handle my locale and english, everything 
works as expected.  Closing this bug.

For future reference, one might consider popping up a warning and a pointer to 
compilation-directory-matcher if the file is not found and directory tracking 
did not track a single directory.  Or use a more general regexp (don't know if 
that is possible), or force the C locale, or convice GNU make to add a 
specific switch, much like GNU ls has --dired.

Come to think of it, if doing parallel make where each job goes into separate 
directories, directory tracking will most likely fail, as output from 
different jobs are intermixed.  So directory tracking is not robust.

	Jan D.