Subject: 24.3.50; Include Git commit information when `report-emacs-bug' invoked from git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git builds
From: Josh <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 16:19:17 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On one of my machines I run an Emacs that I build from a clone of the
Savannah Git mirror.  Bug reports created with this build don't seem
to contain any equivalent to emacs-bzr-version, even though such
information is readily available and presumably useful for diagnostic
purposes.  For example, the only version information in this buffer is
"GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin) of 2013-09-26", while in my
Cygwin shell I can see the latest commit, and of course from there it's
trivial to find the corresponding Bazaar revno:

~/emacs2.git [6244] $ git remote -v
origin  git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git (fetch)
origin  git://git.savannah.gnu.org/emacs.git (push)
~/emacs2.git [6245] $ git log | head
commit 8242d7ac11b16015cbc1f6de3780d6df87d2d72e
Author: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date:   Thu Sep 26 21:05:50 2013 +0200

    * doc-view.el (doc-view-reset-zoom-level): New command.
    (doc-view-mode-map): Remap text-scale-adjust bindings to doc-view
    zoom commands (bug#15466).

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-cygwin)
 of 2013-09-26 on myhost
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-w32 --prefix=/home/josh'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e m a c s - b u g <return>

Recent messages:
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
mouse-yank-primary: No selection is available

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message format-spec rfc822 mml
easymenu mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel w32-common-fns disp-table w32-win w32-vars
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment
lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process
gfilenotify w32 multi-tty emacs)