Subject: 24.3.50; Syntax highlighting in the octave-mode
From: Ivan Oreshnikov <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:55:39 +0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello.

I use a color theme that assigns a different background color for
syntastic elements and I've noticed that empty space gets highlighted
with a builtin face (see screenshot in attachment). Is there a way to
fix that?

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2013-08-05 on mercury, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130804-1~ppa1~raring1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11303000
System Description:	Ubuntu 13.04

Configured using:
 `configure --build i686-linux-gnu --host i686-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN
 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc''

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: ru_RU.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  flyspell-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  jabber-activity-mode: t
  jabber-mode-line-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  ido-everywhere: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  global-subword-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o <tab> r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/me/.emacs.d/gnus.el (source)...done
Loading /home/me/.emacs.d/eshell.el (source)...done
Loading /home/me/.emacs.d/maxima.el (source)...done
Loading /home/me/.emacs.d/octave.el (source)...done
Local Ispell dictionary set to en
Starting new Ispell process [/usr/bin/aspell::en] ...
Package assoc is obsolete!
Starting Emacs daemon.
When done with this frame, type C-x 5 0
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-rmail hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-rmail
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-faces hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-faces
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-lob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lob
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-ref hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ref
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-ocaml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ocaml
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-id hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-id
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-matlab hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-matlab
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-picolisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-picolisp
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-screen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-screen
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-timer hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-timer
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-org
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-clojure hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-clojure
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-python hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-python
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-ctags hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-ctags
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-plot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-plot
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-loaddefs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-loaddefs
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-info hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-info
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-colview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-colview
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-agenda hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-agenda
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-pcomplete hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-pcomplete
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-eval hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-eval
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-gnuplot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-gnuplot
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-ditaa hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ditaa
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-clock hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-clock
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-fortran hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-fortran
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-capture hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-capture
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-dot hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-dot
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-compat hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-compat
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-scheme hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scheme
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-table
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-crypt hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-crypt
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-archive hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-archive
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-footnote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-footnote
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-haskell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-haskell
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-mhe hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mhe
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-perl hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-perl
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lisp
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-calc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-calc
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-emacs-lisp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-emacs-lisp
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-entities hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-entities
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-w3m hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-w3m
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-tangle hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-tangle
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-mouse hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mouse
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-keys hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-keys
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-ruby hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ruby
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-irc hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-irc
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-protocol hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-protocol
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-habit hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-habit
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-install hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-install
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-feed hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-feed
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-css hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-css
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-attach hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-attach
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-R hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-R
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-asymptote hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-asymptote
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-table hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-table
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-scala hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-scala
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-mobile hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-mobile
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-latex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-latex
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-element hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-element
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-awk hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-awk
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-sql hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sql
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-list hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-list
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-exp hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-exp
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-src hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-src
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-lilypond hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-lilypond
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-mscgen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-mscgen
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-macs hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-macs
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-bbdb hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bbdb
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-docview hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-docview
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-C hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-C
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-plantuml hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-plantuml
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-io hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-io
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-bibtex hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-bibtex
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-sh hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sh
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-indent hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-indent
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-ledger hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-ledger
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-sass hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sass
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-shen hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-shen
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-gnus hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-gnus
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-java hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-java
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-sqlite hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-sqlite
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-octave hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-octave
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-maxima hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-maxima
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-eshell hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-eshell
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-datetree hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-datetree
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org-inlinetask hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org-inlinetask
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-js hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-js
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/org hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/org
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/org-20130730.1244/ob-comint hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/org/ob-comint
/home/me/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20130726.1125/.dir-locals hides /usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug sendmail help-mode pp server flyspell
ispell rainbow-delimiters octave smie imaxima imaxima-autoconf-variables
maxima maxima-font-lock esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-opt esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg eldoc esh-groups eshell esh-module esh-mode esh-util jabber
jabber-awesome jabber-osd jabber-wmii jabber-xmessage jabber-festival
jabber-sawfish jabber-ratpoison jabber-screen jabber-socks5
jabber-ft-server jabber-si-server jabber-ft-client jabber-ft-common
jabber-si-client jabber-si-common jabber-feature-neg jabber-truncate
jabber-time jabber-autoaway jabber-vcard-avatars jabber-chatstates
jabber-events jabber-vcard jabber-avatar jabber-activity jabber-watch
jabber-modeline jabber-ahc-presence jabber-ahc jabber-version
jabber-ourversion jabber-muc-nick-completion hippie-exp jabber-browse
jabber-search jabber-register jabber-roster jabber-presence assoc
jabber-muc jabber-newdisco jabber-widget jabber-disco jabber-chat
jabber-history jabber-chatbuffer jabber-alert jabber-iq jabber-keymap
jabber-core jabber-sasl sasl sasl-anonymous sasl-login sasl-plain fsm
jabber-logon jabber-conn srv dns starttls tls jabber-xml xml jabber-menu
jabber-util reftex reftex-vars tex ox-md ox-latex ox-icalendar ox-html
ox-ascii ox-publish ox org-element paren electric git-status ewoc
git-emacs git-emacs-autoloads git-global-keys time-stamp vc-git vc
vc-dispatcher ediff-merg ediff-wind ediff-diff ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util ediff uniquify dired-x dired ido autorevert
filenotify superword subword org-contacts org-capture org-agenda
gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache
dig mailcap gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source
gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range message cl-macs gv rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems
nnheader mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr wid-edit gnus-util org byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv advice help-fns org-macro org-footnote
org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities time-date
noutline outline easy-mmode org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle
org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp ob-comint comint
ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs org-loaddefs
format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs cl nadvice
focus-mode tex-site edmacro kmacro cl-loaddefs cl-lib jabber-autoloads
info easymenu rainbow-mode-autoloads package cyril-util tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar
mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties
overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process dbusbind
gfilenotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting
x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)