Subject: Re: bug#15016: 24.3.50; return of #8789: touch border of *Backtrace* frame > it disappears (exits)
From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
To: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2020 06:36:31 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> writes:

> Drew Adams <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I am now seeing again the behavior I reported in the middle of the
>> discussion of bug #8789, which I thought had been fixed:
>>
>> When I touch mouse-1 to the *Backtrace* frame border, to try to widen
>> the frame (because the debugger frame now insists upon reinitializing
>> itself instead of remembering the last width I dragged it to...), the
>> frame immediately disappears and the debugger is exited.
>>
>> Quite frustrating to use...
>>
>> Again, the context is using `debug-on-entry' for a function that is
>> invoked when the minibuffer is active - for example, a function used to
>> sort candidates in *Completions*.
>
> Do you have a recipe to reproduce this bug from "emacs -Q"?  You're
> mentioning the "*Backtrace* frame", which is unusual, so I'm guessing
> you have some customisations to pop up a frame that has the backtrace
> buffer?

More information was requested, but none was given within 14 weeks, so
I'm closing this bug.  If this is still an issue, please reply to this
email (use "Reply to all" in your email client) and we can reopen the
bug report.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas