Subject: 24.3; build failure on FreeBSD 9.1
From: Ulrich Mueller <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 16:34:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Forwarding downstream bug: <https://bugs.gentoo.org/473364>

Building Emacs 24.3 (and also Emacs from BZR as of 2013-06-19)
with gcc 4.6 on FreeBSD 9.1 fails:

x86_64-gentoo-freebsd9.1-gcc -std=gnu99 -c  -Demacs  -I. -I/var/tmp/portage/app-editors/emacs-24.3-r2/work/emacs-24.3/src -I../lib -I/var/tmp/portage/app-editors/emacs-24.3-r2/work/emacs-24.3/src/../lib               -MMD -MF deps/xdisp.d -MP     -O2 -pipe xdisp.c
In file included from lisp.h:25:0,
                 from xdisp.c:278:
../lib/stdalign.h:51:0: warning: "_Alignof" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:240:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
../lib/stdalign.h:82:0: warning: "_Alignas" redefined [enabled by default]
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h:239:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition
xdisp.c: In function ‘message_dolog’:
xdisp.c:9449:21: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘typedef’
xdisp.c: In function ‘set_message_1’:
xdisp.c:10718:12: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘typedef’
xdisp.c: In function ‘decode_mode_spec_coding’:
xdisp.c:21379:18: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘typedef’
gmake[1]: *** [xdisp.o] Error 1
gmake[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/app-editors/emacs-24.3-r2/work/emacs-24.3/src'
gmake: *** [src] Error 2

The full build log can be found at:
<https://473364.bugs.gentoo.org/attachment.cgi?id=350998>

Reportedly, the following patch from FreeBSD ports fixes it:
<http://svnweb.freebsd.org/ports/head/editors/emacs-devel/files/patch-lib_verify.h?revision=309486&view=co&pathrev=309486>