Subject: struct rusage redefinition issues on ppc - gnu time-1.7
From: Aijaz Baig <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:02:25 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi.
I am trying to compile Gnu time 1.7 for a PowerPC system using the 
windriver build system which is based on yocto.
The build fails with an error at resuse.h:44:error: redefinition of 
'struct rusage'.
On searching the internet found  Benoit Sibaud was facing a same problem 
on sparc. He commented out system definition for struct rusage and it 
worked for him. For me however it doesn't work. On doing that it fails to 
link the various object files viz. time.o getopt.o error.o resuse.o and 
version.o.
On another thread here, Jim McMaster was also facing a similar issue while 
building it for Solaris.  Paul Eggert suggested him to define HAVE_WAIT3 
in the Makefile. I've tried that too but it fails as well. And its again 
while linking the aforementioned object files.
Please help me in getting this fixed. Where do I check for the build logs 
in detail. As what exactly is causing the linking to fail? It is failing 
with an errors of the sort 'crt1.o: No such file: No such file or 
directory'. These are link time errors right? At times I've seen people 
saying they signify a corrupted libc. However when I manually search for 
it in my Sysroot, I see it.
I am confused. Please elaborate. Keen to hear.

Aijaz Baig
=====-----=====-----=====
Notice: The information contained in this e-mail
message and/or attachments to it may contain 
confidential or privileged information. If you are 
not the intended recipient, any dissemination, use, 
review, distribution, printing or copying of the 
information contained in this e-mail message 
and/or attachments to it are strictly prohibited. If 
you have received this communication in error, 
please notify us by reply e-mail or telephone and 
immediately and permanently delete the message 
and any attachments. Thank you