Subject: web/http.scm: bad-header date check (UTC?)
From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 00:59:03 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I was doing a test using gnutls and connecting to twitter api
services. Example attached.

I successfully passed the TLS/SSL part, but then I got this HTTP bad
header issue. I am running Guile 2.0.5 from Debian/unstable but
current stable-2.0 branch also suffers from the safe problem (I
think).

=============
184: 1 [read-header #<input-output: gnutls-session-port 2e94c30>]
 754: 0 [parse-asctime-date "Wed, 03 Apr 2013 07:29:49 UTC"]

web/http.scm:754:6: In procedure parse-asctime-date:
web/http.scm:754:6: Throw to key `bad-header' with args `(date "Wed,
03 Apr 2013 07:29:49 UTC")'.
=============

Basically, the problem is that web/http.scm only accepts a GMT suffix
and the twitter server sends UTC. I think the RFC 822 standard accepts
UT instead of UTC, so it would be wrong as well.

Really, not sure what's the right way to fix this considering that
even the twitter server does not send a correct day (as far as I
understood the RFC).

Thanks,

Aleix