Subject: Guile bug building from source with pkg-config
From: Mark Sutton <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 08:11:05 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I can ./configure make make install guile-2.0.7 from source, however, 
when I then try in build guile-clutter or guile-ncurses from source I 
get errors in both. After googling I found that I should have 
./configure PKG_CONFIG=true.

When I try this, it configures okay, however, I get the following when I 
make ...

./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `GC_gc_no'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_sint16'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `GC_get_bytes_since_gc'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `ffi_type_uint64'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to 
`GC_register_finalizer_no_order'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `GC_collect_a_little'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `GC_pthread_detach'
./.libs/libguile-2.0.so: undefined reference to `GC_finalizer_notifier'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [guile] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/marks/3rd-party-src/guile-2.0.7/libguile'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/marks/3rd-party-src/guile-2.0.7/libguile'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/marks/3rd-party-src/guile-2.0.7'
make: *** [all] Error 2
marks@marks-MacBookAir:~/3rd-party-src/guile-2.0.7$

... so at the moment, I can build guile but I cannot build any extension 
packages into it.

Any ideas?

-- 

Many thanks

Mark Sutton