Subject: 24.3.50; [Regression] The original size of the Emacs frame is restored automatically
From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 11:44:02 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Recipe from "emacs -Q":
1. Resize the Emacs frame (and optionally move it).
2. Give the focus to another application.
3. Give the focus back to the Emacs frame.

When I do this, my Emacs frame is resized to its original size and its
upper-left corner is placed at the upper-left corner of the screen.

I see this problem in [1], but not in [2].

[1]
In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-13 on VBOX
Bzr revision: 112041 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.8-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

[2]
In GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2013-03-12 on VBOX
Bzr revision: 111328 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.8-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'

-- 
Dani Moncayo