Subject: 24.3.50; Emacs freezes when using the emacs server, and exiting from a child frame
From: Dima Kogan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:09:01 -1000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I'm running a very recent dev build of emacs. I'm observing that emacs
goes into an infinite loop, eats up all available CPU cycles, and
becomes unresponsive if I do the following:

1. emacs -Q --daemon ( this starts the daemon, and goes back to the
   shell )
2. emacsclient -c -a '' ( connect a client )
3. C-x 5 2 ( make new child frame )
4. C-x C-c ( kill emacs )

When using the emacs server, C-x C-c kills the current emacs client,
leaving the server intact to allow more clients to connect later. This
apparently doesn't work right if done from a child frame first.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw scroll bars)
 of 2013-02-26 on dex, modified by Debian
 (emacs-snapshot package, version 2:20130226-1)
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11204000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (wheezy)

Configured using:
 `configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --host x86_64-linux-gnu
 --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/24.3.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --without-compress-info --with-crt-dir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/
 --with-x=yes --with-x-toolkit=lucid CFLAGS='-DDEBIAN
 -DSITELOAD_PURESIZE_EXTRA=5000 -g -O2' CPPFLAGS='-D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 LDFLAGS='-g -Wl,--as-needed -znocombreloc''