Subject: 24.3.50; regression: incorrect font-lock highlighting
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 14:38:42 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The build from 2013-02-17 broke not only whether/when font-locking
occurs (see bugs #13751 and #13730).  It broke also what gets
highlighted.  A build from Feb 15 shows no font-lock problems.
 
See the two attached screenshots.  The one from 02-17 does not highlight
the command name (`icicle-customize-apropos-options-of-type') completely,
as it should and as does the one from 02-15.
 
Attached are also files showing the values of `font-lock-keywords' in an
Emacs Lisp buffer from builds of Feb 15 and Feb 17.  Diffing them shows
something interesting to you, perhaps (doesn't do much for me).  But
what is significant here is that the part that should govern the
highlighting that I notice broken is identical.  So something else is
wrong, somewhere.

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2013-02-17 on VBOX-W7
Bzr revision: 111822 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
Configured using:
 `configure --with-gcc (4.7) --no-opt --enable-checking --cflags
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/include -IC:/emacs/libs/libXpm-3.5.10/src
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libpng-dev_1.4.3-1_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/zlib-dev_1.2.5-2_win32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/giflib-4.1.4-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/jpeg-6b-4-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/tiff-3.8.2-1-lib/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libxml2-2.7.8-w32-bin/include/libxml2
 -IC:/emacs/libs/gnutls-3.1.8-w32/include
 -IC:/emacs/libs/libiconv-1.14-2-mingw32-dev/include'