Subject: 24.3.50; `#^^' syntax isn't mentioned in Emacs Lisp manual
From: Xue Fuqiao <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2013 08:11:05 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I eval the (current-global-map) form:

(keymap #^[nil nil keymap 
#^^[3 0 set-mark-command move-beginning-of-line backward-char 
mode-specific-command-prefix delete-char move-end-of-line forward-char 
keyboard-quit help-command indent-for-tab-command ...] #^^[1 0 #^^[2 0 
#^^[3 0 set-mark-command move-beginning-of-line backward-char 
mode-specific-command-prefix delete-char move-end-of-line forward-char 
keyboard-quit help-command indent-for-tab-command ...] self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
...] self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command ...] self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command self-insert-command 
self-insert-command self-insert-command ...] (C-mouse-5 . mwheel-scroll) 
(S-mouse-5 . mwheel-scroll) (mouse-5 . mwheel-scroll) (C-mouse-4 . 
mwheel-scroll) (S-mouse-4 . mwheel-scroll) (mouse-4 . mwheel-scroll) (paste . 
clipboard-yank) (copy . clipboard-kill-ring-save) (cut . clipboard-kill-region) 
(f18 . clipboard-yank) ...)

There is a `#^^' syntax.  Maybe it is the printed representation for nested char tables, but it isn't mentioned in the GNU Emacs Lisp manual.

The original post was here: http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2013-02/msg00098.html

-- 
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao