Subject: 24.2.93; cygw32 in daemon mode aborts in response to kill command
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 11:39:59 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In the cygw32 build, start emacs in daemon mode:

$ emacs --daemon -Q

Now kill it from the terminal:

$ kill PID

The result is an Emacs Abort Dialog box saying a fatal error has 
occurred and asking me if I want to attach a debugger.  I have two 
problems with this.  First, a kill command shouldn't cause emacs to 
abort.  Second, I don't think the cygw32 build should ever pop up an 
abort dialog box.  None of the other emacs builds on Cygwin do this, so 
it's surprising and confusing to users.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.93.1 (i686-pc-cygwin)
  of 2013-02-07 on fiona
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 0.0.0
Configured using:
  `configure
  '--srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.93-1/src/emacs-24.2.93'
  '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin'
  '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--datadir=/usr/share'
  '--localstatedir=/var' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datarootdir=/usr/share'
  '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs' '-C' '--with-w32' 'CC=gcc'
  'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O2 -pipe
 
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.93-1/build=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.2.93-1
 
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.93-1/src/emacs-24.2.93=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.2.93-1'
  'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ncursesw' 'LIBS='
  'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncursesw''