Subject: 24.2.90; The cygw32 build should disable X11
From: Ken Brown <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 08:04:01 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The cygw32 build of emacs tries to use many X11 features if the builder
has the appropriate development packages installed.  For example,
HAVE_GSETTINGS and HAVE_GCONF will be defined.  This causes serious
problems, as detailed starting at

   http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-12/msg00070.html

In GNU Emacs 24.2.90.1 (i686-pc-cygwin)
  of 2012-11-27 on desktop-new
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 0.0.0
Configured using:
  `configure
  '--srcdir=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.90-1/src/emacs-24.2.90'
  '--prefix=/usr' '--exec-prefix=/usr' '--bindir=/usr/bin'
  '--sbindir=/usr/sbin' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--datadir=/usr/share'
  '--localstatedir=/var' '--sysconfdir=/etc' '--datarootdir=/usr/share'
  '--docdir=/usr/share/doc/emacs' '-C' '--with-w32' 'CC=gcc'
  'CFLAGS=-ggdb -O2 -pipe
 
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.90-1/build=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.2.90-1
 
-fdebug-prefix-map=/home/kbrown/src/cygemacs/emacs-24.2.90-1/src/emacs-24.2.90=/usr/src/debug/emacs-24.2.90-1'
  'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ncursesw' 'LIBS='
  'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/ncursesw''

Important settings:
   value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
   locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Fundamental

Minor modes in effect:
   show-paren-mode: t
   display-time-mode: t
   delete-selection-mode: t
   tooltip-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   tool-bar-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   temp-buffer-resize-mode: t
   buffer-read-only: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /home/kbrown/emacs/.custom-24.el (source)...
Loading delsel...done
Loading time...done
Loading help-at-pt...done
Loading paren...done
Loading /home/kbrown/emacs/.custom-24.el (source)...done
Loading /home/kbrown/emacs/cygwin-init.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow gnus-util mail-extr emacsbug message cl-macs gv format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils dired edmacro kmacro solar cal-dst
planner-diary cl diary-lib diary-loaddefs planner-publish muse-xml
planner cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs sort muse-colors muse-latex
muse-html muse-xml-common cus-edit muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps wid-edit derived muse muse-nested-tags
muse-mode muse-autoloads info easymenu package preview-latex tex-site
auto-loads saveplace uniquify advice help-fns cl-lib advice-preload
paren help-at-pt time delsel cus-start cus-load time-date tooltip
ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel w32-common-fns disp-table
w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list newcomment lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu
font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan
thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech
european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process dbusbind w32 multi-tty emacs)
*** E-Mail body has been placed on clipboard, please paste it here! ***