Subject: 24.2; C-c i is bound to custom function, but in a term buffer it gets bound to ido-insert-file
From: Joseph Mingrone <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 20:32:41 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I bind C-c i to a custom function, but when I'm in a term buffer C-c i is
bound to ido-insert-file.  When I asked about this in #emacs on freenode
I was told to report a bug.

In GNU Emacs 24.2.1 (i386-portbld-freebsd8.3)
 of 2012-09-17 on gly.ath.cx
Configured using:
 `configure '--localstatedir=/var' '--without-x' '--without-sound'
 '--without-dbus' '--without-xml2' '--without-gnutls'
 '--prefix=/usr/local' '--mandir=/usr/local/man'
 '--infodir=/usr/local/info/' '--build=i386-portbld-freebsd8.3'
 'build_alias=i386-portbld-freebsd8.3' 'CC=cc' 'CFLAGS=-O2 -pipe
 -fno-strict-aliasing' 'LDFLAGS= -L/usr/local/lib
 -rpath=/usr/lib:/usr/local/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include'
 'CPP=cpp''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_CA.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  erc-spelling-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
SPC SPC H a v e SPC a SPC g o o d SPC n i g h t . RET 
C-x o C-p C-p RET C-x k RET ESC x r e p TAB o TAB r 
TAB RET C - c SPC i SPC i s DEL DEL b o u n d SPC t 
o SPC c u s t o m e SPC DEL DEL SPC f u n c t i o n 
, SPC b u t SPC i n SPC t e r m SPC DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL a SPC t e r m SPC b u f f e r SPC i t SPC g e t 
s SPC b o u n d SPC t o SPC C-y DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
C-x o C-x o C-c n C-x h k C-c i C-x o i d o - f i n 
d - i l DEL DEL f i l e RET C-x o C-x C-f C-g C-c n 
C-x h k C-c i C-x b RET C-x o C-x b C-s RET C-p C-p 
C-p C-f C-e DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL DEL 
DEL DEL DEL i d o - i n s e r t - f i l e C-a C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-p C-p C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n C-n 
ESC > ESC < C-n C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f C-f 
C-f C-@ C-e ESC w C-x o C-x o C-x k RET y e s RET ESC 
x r e p o r TAB RET

Recent messages:
Checking 148 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/emacs-lisp...
Checking 24 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/cedet...
Checking 57 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/calendar...
Checking 87 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/calc...
Checking 65 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/lisp/obsolete...
Checking 1 files in /usr/local/share/emacs/24.2/leim...
Checking for load-path shadows...done
Quit
Type "q" in help window to restore its previous buffer.
Mark set [3 times]

Load-path shadows:
/home/jrm/.emacs.d/elpa/multi-eshell-0.0.1/multi-eshell hides ~/.elisp/multi-eshell
/home/jrm/.emacs.d/elpa/rainbow-delimiters-1.3.4/rainbow-delimiters hides ~/.elisp/rainbow-delimiters
/home/jrm/.emacs.d/elpa/multi-term-0.8.8/multi-term hides ~/.elisp/multi-term

Features:
(shadow debug emacsbug help-mode view multi-term term disp-table ehelp
electric erc-menu erc-join erc-ring erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track
erc-match erc-button wid-edit erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit mule-util
network-stream starttls mailalias smtpmail auth-source eieio
password-cache sendmail mail-extr sort gnus-util message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
server time-date paren autorevert cus-start cus-load edit-server derived
erc-spelling flyspell ispell auctex-autoloads tex-site info
dired+-autoloads multi-eshell-autoloads multi-term-autoloads
rainbow-delimiters-autoloads uniquify byte-opt warnings advice help-fns
advice-preload tls package tabulated-list org-install mode-compile-kill
mode-compile reporter cl bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp ido
ess-toolbar ess-mouse mouseme compile tool-bar browse-url ess-menu
speedbar sb-image ezimage dframe ess-swv ess-noweb noweb-font-lock-mode
ess-bugs-l essd-els ess-sas-d ess-sas-l ess-sas-a executable shell
pcomplete ess-arc-d ess-vst-d ess-xls-d ess-lsp-l ess-sta-d ess-sta-l
cc-vars cc-defs make-regexp ess-sp6-d ess-sp5-d ess-sp3-d ess-r-d
ess-r-args assoc tooltip ess-s-l ess-inf ess-utils comint ansi-color
ring ess-mode noweb-mode edmacro kmacro ess ess-custom ess-compat
ess-site erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec thingatpt pp
doc-view easymenu jka-compr image-mode image dired regexp-opt ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow
timer jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)