Subject: 24.3.50; Suppress *Compile-log* buffer during init
From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 13:09:46 +0530
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

When I am starting up my Emacs, I am getting a split window with top
half containing `initial-buffer-choice' and bottom half showing
"*Compile-Log*" contents.

,----
| elisp/bbdb-2.35/lisp/bbdb-com.elc:Warning: Use `with-current-buffer' rather
|     than save-excursion+set-buffer
| .emacs.elc:Warning: reference to free variable `Info-current-file'
`----

Should snippet below /really/ produce a "*Compile-Log*" when /loading/
my .emacs.elc.

Anyways, I need a way to have this "*Compile-Log*" suppressed or buried.
AFAIK, this "split-window-with-compile-log-in-foreground" is a fairly
recent behaviour with the trunk.

Annexure:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
;; (require 'info)
(defadvice info-display-manual
  (after my-info-display-manual activate)
  (rename-buffer
   (format "*info* (%s)"
	   (capitalize (file-name-directory Info-current-file)))))

(global-set-key "i" (quote info-display-manual))
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

In GNU Emacs 24.3.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2012-11-21 on debian-6.05
Bzr revision: 110967 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10707000
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_IN
  locale-coding-system: iso-latin-1-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t