Subject: Re: bug#12854: 24.2.50; `display-buffer-alist': conditions are not handled as documented
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 16:32:51 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> Obviously, two things are wrong here:
 >
 > (1) If CONDITION is a function, it currently must be a symbol.  I don't
 > see why lambda expressions should be forbidden.  The user should not
 > need to use defun only to be able specify an argument.

I lifted this restriction in revision 110885 on the Emacs-24 release
branch.

 > (2) If CONDITION is a function, it takes _two_ arguments: a buffer
 > _name_ (not a buffer) _and_ an alist.  That should be clarified in the
 > docstring.

As a matter of fact, the code called that function with the variable
`display-buffer-alist' as second argument which doesn't make any sense.
I now pass it the ACTION argument of `display-buffer' instead and tried
to document this in the same revision as above.

Thanks, martin