Subject: Make for AIX 8.20 fails with undefined symbol .rpl_malloc
From: Michael Felt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:38:02 +0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

root@x104:[/data/prj/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-8.20]export
FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE=1
root@x104:[/data/prj/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-8.20]CFLAGS=-O2 -qcpluscmt
./configure \
        --prefix=/opt \
        --sysconfdir=/var/coreutils/etc \
        --sharedstatedir=/var/coreutils/com \
        --localstatedir=/var/coreutils \
        --mandir=/usr/share/man  \
                > build/aix/configure.out
configure: WARNING: libattr development library was not found or not usable.
configure: WARNING: GNU coreutils will be built without xattr support.
configure: WARNING: libcap library was not found or not usable.
configure: WARNING: GNU coreutils will be built without capability support.
configure: WARNING: libgmp development library was not found or not usable.
configure: WARNING: GNU coreutils will be built without GMP support.
+ make > build/aix/make.out
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .rpl_malloc
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
make: *** [src/make-prime-list] Error 8
+ make install DESTDIR=/var/tmp/root/coreutils-8.20.0.0 >
build/aix/install.out
ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .rpl_malloc
ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
information.
make: *** [src/make-prime-list] Error 8
make install returned an error
root@x104:[/data/prj/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-8.20]
root@x104:[/data/prj/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-8.20]
root@x104:[/data/prj/gnu/coreutils/coreutils-8.20]

Version 8.15 is the last one I packaged, and build went fine.

I have also tested the build of 8.17. This completed (make install) without
any noteable errors.

p.s. Thought I had submitted this days ago - but it has been sitting in my
Drafts folder. :(