Subject: 24.1; thing-at-point list of possible symbols
From: Jerome Truong <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:40:05 -0500
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Not a bug, just a suggestion to add `number' to the list of symbols so
it's readily know to coders that number-at-point is available.

In GNU Emacs 24.1.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin11.3.0, NS apple-appkit-1138.32)
 of 2012-07-15 on Jeromes-MacBook-Pro.local
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
Configured using:
 `configure '--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1' '--without-dbus'
 '--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp'
 '--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1/share/info/emacs' '--with-ns'
 '--disable-ns-self-contained' 'CC=/usr/bin/clang' 'CFLAGS=-Os -w -pipe
 -march=native -Qunused-arguments -mmacosx-version-min=10.7'
 'LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib' 'CPPFLAGS=-isystem /usr/local/include''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: nil
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: nil
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  erc-list-mode: t
  erc-menu-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-ring-mode: t
  erc-networks-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-track-minor-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-button-mode: t
  erc-fill-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  erc-netsplit-mode: t
  erc-irccontrols-mode: t
  erc-noncommands-mode: t
  erc-move-to-prompt-mode: t
  erc-readonly-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
f t h i n g <tab> <return> C-s n u m b e r C-g C-g 
q C-, p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p C-p 
C-p C-p C-p C-h C-h f n u m b e r - a t <tab> <return> 
q C-f M-d n u m b e r M-f M-f C-{ C-_ C-} C-f C-d C-x 
C-e C-a C-, b C-r w o r d - M-b M-b M-b C-b ; ; SPC 
C-e C-j ( n u m b e r - a t - p o i n t C-e C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-e C-x C-e C-x C-s C-x o C-n C-n C-n C-n 
C-n C-n C-n C-n C-f C-f C-f C-f C-> t M-f C-> t C-a 
C-n C-n C-n C-, n C-l C-x ] , d f SPC t h i n g - a 
t - p o i n t <return> , m o r e <return> s j <backspace> 
<backspace> j l f : SPC i t ' <backspace> <backspace> 
<backspace> s h o u l d SPC i t SPC M-b M-b M-f M-b 
C-k i SPC w a s SPC l o o k i n g SPC f o r SPC n u 
m b e r SPC i n SPC t h a t SPC l i s t SPC a t SPC 
f i r s t . . . SPC s i <backspace> <backspace> i t 
SPC s h o u l d SPC p r o b a b l y SPC b e SPC a d 
d e d SPC t h a t SPC l i s t <return> C-, b M-x r 
e p <backspace> o <backspace> p o r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Quit
Type "q" to restore previous buffer.
Undo!
12341234
Mark saved where search started
forward-sexp: Scan error: "Containing expression ends prematurely", 10239, 10240
jqt/convert-from-unix-timestamp
Saving file /Users/jerometruong/.emacs...
Wrote /Users/jerometruong/.emacs
2012-10-20 08:38:30 [2 times]

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jerometruong/.emacs.d/elpa/json-1.2/json hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/json
/Users/jerometruong/.emacs.d/elpa/magit-20120805/.dir-locals hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs/24.1/share/emacs/24.1/lisp/gnus/.dir-locals

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mail-utils vc-git jka-compr debug
apropos network-stream starttls tls erc-menu erc-join erc-ring
erc-networks erc-pcomplete erc-track erc-match erc-button wid-edit
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-netsplit erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
mule-util rect ind-util php-mode etags cc-langs speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe help-mode view sgml-mode dired-aux windmove vc-dispatcher
vc-svn js json imenu newcomment cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus
cc-cmds cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs tramp-sh pcmpl-unix
sql ibuf-ext ibuffer dired multi-isearch tramp-cache tramp tramp-compat
auth-source gnus-util mm-util mail-prsvr password-cache shell
tramp-loaddefs org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc
org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp ob-exp org-exp-blocks find-func
org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org
ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote org-src
ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete org-list org-faces
org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline format-spec cal-menu
calendar cal-loaddefs paredit ido warnings slime-fancy
slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu slime-references slime-scratch
slime-presentations slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c
slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc slime-parse slime-repl slime
derived easy-mmode pp comint regexp-opt ansi-color ring hyperspec
thingatpt browse-url org-install bbdb-loaddefs sms
ack-and-a-half-autoloads apache-mode-autoloads bbdb2erc-autoloads
dsvn-autoloads full-ack-autoloads ghc-autoloads
ghci-completion-autoloads github-theme-autoloads haskell-mode-autoloads
jabber-autoloads magit-gh-pulls-autoloads gh-autoloads eieio byte-opt
bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp logito-autoloads magithub-autoloads
json-autoloads markdown-mode-autoloads org-magit-autoloads
magit-autoloads pcache-autoloads finder-inf php+-mode-autoloads
php-extras-autoloads info php-mode-autoloads python-mode-autoloads
ruby-tools-autoloads rvm-autoloads yasnippet-bundle-autoloads
yasnippet-bundle dropdown-list advice help-fns advice-preload yasnippet
edmacro kmacro easymenu assoc cl package tabulated-list time-date
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd
fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer
select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs button faces cus-face files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process ns
multi-tty emacs)