Subject: 24.2.50; [Doc][PATCH] Neither `what-line' nor `count-lines' do call the respectiv other in recent GNU/Emacs.
From: Gregor Zattler <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 19:48:44 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Emacs developers,

is "Introduction to Programming in Emacs Lisp" written by Robert
J. Chassell, still updated?  There is an error in it, this patch
corrects it.

---
 doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi |    7 +++----
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi b/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
index 04e3e0c..6d3a5d0 100644
--- a/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
+++ b/doc/lispintro/emacs-lisp-intro.texi
@@ -6600,10 +6600,9 @@ buffer; or conversely, an Emacs Lisp function needs to work on all of a
 buffer that has been narrowed.  The @code{what-line} function, for
 example, removes the narrowing from a buffer, if it has any narrowing
 and when it has finished its job, restores the narrowing to what it was.
-On the other hand, the @code{count-lines} function, which is called by
-@code{what-line}, uses narrowing to restrict itself to just that portion
-of the buffer in which it is interested and then restores the previous
-situation.
+On the other hand, the @code{count-lines} function uses narrowing to
+restrict itself to just that portion of the buffer in which it is
+interested and then restores the previous situation.
 
 @node save-restriction
 @section The @code{save-restriction} Special Form
-- 
1.7.10.4