Subject: Re: bug#12565: 24.2.50; bootstrap failure: semantic-displayor-tooltip-mode
From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
To: David Engster <[email-masked]>
Cc: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 12:39:27 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:03:58 +0200 David Engster <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Glenn Morris writes:
>> Presumably bzr status show nothing odd?

Actually, it listed lots of *.moved files from an earlier bzr bisect.
Should they have been there?  Yet they didn't prevent previous
successful builds...

>> Phase of the moon?
>> make maintainer-clean and try again?
>> semantic-displayor-tooltip-mode is defined at semantic/complete.el:1550
>> so it's hard to see how it can be void at line 1596.
>
> I must admit I've seen the same problem, 

Interesting, and somehow reassuring.

>                                          but it "somehow went away" and
> I was unable to reproduce it afterwards. Maybe it was a maintainer-clean
> that fixed it.

I deleted the branch and branched again from trunk, and this time
bootstrapping worked.  Maybe it was just a phase of the moon.  Anyway,
there doesn't seem to be anything to pursue now, so I'm closing this
bug.

Steve Berman