Subject: 24.2.50; `make distclean' does not remove .elc files
From: Bastien <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 11:08:14 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I ran `make distclean' three times.  The first time it ran
./configure.  The second time it didn't run ./configure.  The
third time it didn't run at all because of the absence of
Makefile.

Each time the lisp/*.elc files are left untouched/undeleted.

I expected them to be deleted -- what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

In GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.10)
 of 2012-09-10 on myhost
Bzr revision: 109965 [email-masked]
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11201000
Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

-- 
 Bastien